1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Hangouts Problems

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by IHaveAnAndriod, Oct 6, 2014.

1. IHaveAnAndriod

IHaveAnAndriod Well-Known Member

I have the nexus 5 and we all know that Hangouts is the native text messaging app. I don't have a any problems with the app in terms of receive text messages but the only thing I don't like is that I don't have the option to change between send messages between My T Mobile number and my google voice number. I went through the settibgvwnd saw that I can choose to have messages sent by My T mobile number, my google voice number, or smart reply.

I want to choose to send text from whichever number before I send the message. I don't like how the smart reply feature works. It doesn't always work the right way

The only way I know how to choose to send a message using either number is to change the setting but that isn't convient when you are in a rush to send a message. My main number has been accidentally given out.

Does anyone know any solution to this problem?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. biggiephil

biggiephil Android Enthusiast

I don't own my nexus yet but I use hangouts for SMS and talk, I don't think before you send the message you can select whether through gmail or SMS so I just use gmail to keep it all together

3. IHaveAnAndriod

IHaveAnAndriod Well-Known Member

I don't want to do that. I have a SMS feature through my company so I'm going to use it

4. xdrc45

xdrc45 Android Enthusiast

If I'm understanding your question/post right... When open one of your hangouts conversation in the left corner of where you would type your outgoing message, their should be a small menu option (with an arrow down button) press that to allow you to select how you want to send the message to your contacts...eg, Hangouts/SMS direct contact number etc...

Hope this helps!

5. OhSeven

OhSeven Android Enthusiast

I think he wants to choose SMS but is not able to choose the network number vs GV number for outgoing texts. I don't think there is a solution. The closest is choosing smart reply and responding with the number they sent the text to. Otherwise, it defaults to GV. A more troublesome solution might be changing the setting to use the network number before a new conversation you want on that number, and then going back to smart reply. That should keep the outgoing texts on the network number for that conversation and GV for any others. Sorry if that's not clear

Nexus 5 Forum

The Nexus 5 release date was November 2013. Features and Specs include a 4.95" screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon 800 processor, 2300mAh battery, and 2GB storage.

November 2013
Release Date
Reviews