1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Hangouts (Voice) Phone Call Not Ringing Watch

Discussion in 'Moto 360' started by iwoloschin, Sep 29, 2014.

1. iwoloschin

iwoloschin Well-Known Member

So my wife called my Google Voice number today, which after the latest Hangouts update no longer forwards to my "phone" but instead just rings as a Hangouts call via VoIP, so I don't use minutes. I noticed that my Moto360 did not turn on and alert me to the incoming phone call via Hangouts. Has anyone else noticed this? I'm suspecting it's an oversight from the recent changes, but I'm not sure if I'm missing something else.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. burtonvdp

burtonvdp Android Enthusiast

I can't offer much advice except that I do get notifications on mine. I'm using a first gen Moto X and hangouts is my default sms app.

3. iwoloschin

iwoloschin Well-Known Member

I get Hangouts messaging notifications, including pictures if applicable, but I don't seem to get a notification regarding an incoming voice call. It feels like someone at Google forgot to add in Android Wear notifications to Hangouts voice calls, but I'm not certain.

I do get notification of a "regular" incoming phone call, but the only people that call that number anymore are scammers, so I basically ignore all calls to that number.

4. Chris Baker

Chris Baker Lurker

I'm seeing the same issue - any change to this?

5. John Harvey

John Harvey Lurker

Just switched to Hangouts VOIP calling and was disappointed to see that my watch no longer alerts me to incoming calls. That, to me, was the most important feature of my Moto 360.