• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hangups during call!

Chuck1906

Android Enthusiast
Dec 20, 2009
This is really starting to annoy me and can't figure out why my touchscreen stays active while on a phone call. I have lost several calls due to my face hitting either the END button or the MUTE button on the phone during a call. Why can't the screen LOCK when your on a call and If I need to search for something while on the call then I can unlock it!

Is there an app that does this or a setting that will lock the screen during calls?

You could have a bad proximity sensor. There have been other users that recommend testing your sensor my holding your hand over the top portion of your phone during a call to see if it turns off the screen. If the screen doesn't turn off, you have a bad sensor and should return it to Verizon for a replacement. Other users have said that their hair has caused issues and they do the homescreen trick mentioned above.

Upvote 0
This is really starting to annoy me and can't figure out why my touchscreen stays active while on a phone call. I have lost several calls due to my face hitting either the END button or the MUTE button on the phone during a call. Why can't the screen LOCK when your on a call and If I need to search for something while on the call then I can unlock it!

Is there an app that does this or a setting that will lock the screen during calls?

ScreenSuite app. I haven't had this problem since I started using it.

Upvote 0
You could have a bad proximity sensor. There have been other users that recommend testing your sensor my holding your hand over the top portion of your phone during a call to see if it turns off the screen. If the screen doesn't turn off, you have a bad sensor and should return it to Verizon for a replacement. Other users have said that their hair has caused issues and they do the homescreen trick mentioned above.
I'd second this, you may have a bad sensor. The screen should turn off automatically when it's held to the side of your head. I've NEVER had a problem with my screen while in a call.

The only annoyance I've come across is trying to unlock the screen after you're done with a speaker phone call.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones