• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Happy 7th Birthday!

ironass

Extreme Android User
Aug 17, 2010
Cotswolds, England
Launched on the 11th of April, 2014, the Samsung Galaxy S5 is now 7 years old today!

t3IpBUTh.jpg

My S5, G900F, is still going strong. Only changed the battery in all that time. Now running the LineageOS :D

Now this is a Samsung fan. 7 years with the same device? AMAZING! :cool:
Ha! Ha!

Since the Samsung S5 I have had another 6 devices by various manufacturers. The latest is the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra. My older phones usually get distributed amongst my friends but I hung on to the Galaxy S5 because it was such a good work horse and thanks to LineageOS... "It takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'". :D

Upvote 0
[QUOTE="ironass, post: 8028448, member: [Snip]The latest is the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra. [/SNIP]

What's the hand feel like? Any of those older devices? @ironass.
The S21 Ultra and S20 Ultra are the largest displays that I have ever handled, 6.8" and 6.9", and it was a little strange at first, after my 6.4", Oneplus 6T but I soon got used to it and would not want to downsize to sub 6" now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones