1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Happy 7th Birthday!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ironass, Apr 10, 2021.

1. ironass

ironass Extreme Android User

Launched on the 11th of April, 2014, the Samsung Galaxy S5 is now 7 years old today!

[​IMG]

My S5, G900F, is still going strong. Only changed the battery in all that time. Now running the LineageOS :D

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. PitCarver

PitCarver Android Expert

I'm still missing mine.

ironass likes this.
  3. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

Now this is a Samsung fan. 7 years with the same device? AMAZING! :cool:

ironass likes this.
  4. ironass

Ha! Ha!

Since the Samsung S5 I have had another 6 devices by various manufacturers. The latest is the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra. My older phones usually get distributed amongst my friends but I hung on to the Galaxy S5 because it was such a good work horse and thanks to LineageOS... "It takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'". :D

5. I still have mine but it's been "retired" for two years since I got the S9.

ironass likes this.
  6. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

[QUOTE="ironass, post: 8028448, member: [Snip]The latest is the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra. [/SNIP]

What's the hand feel like? Any of those older devices? @ironass.

7. ironass

The S21 Ultra and S20 Ultra are the largest displays that I have ever handled, 6.8" and 6.9", and it was a little strange at first, after my 6.4", Oneplus 6T but I soon got used to it and would not want to downsize to sub 6" now.

Samsung Galaxy S5 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S5 release date was April 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 16MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2800mAh battery.

April 2014
Release Date
Reviews