• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Happy Anniversary Incredible Owners!!!

Yessir, 1 year and running, dont see a replacement anytime soon. Got mine first day, gotta love the super amoled screen!
Too bad it doesn't have a Super AMOLED...
One year for me also. First smartphone excluding the month I had with the N1. Great phone, but it is starting to show for me; even with root. Looking forward to ditching crappy Verizon and getting the HTC Sensation or one of the numerous other upcoming phones that Verzion can't compete with.

Upvote 0
I'm considering dropping the Asurion insurance on my Incredible nowthat it's a year old. Anyone else still carrying insurance?

As of today I have a new message in MyVerizon when I log in. It says that I'm eligible for a new phone with "Discount Pricing" but if I wait until December 28th I can get a NE2 or Loyalty Discount. I know, I know NE2 is discontinued, but not for those of us that have one last upgrade coming. Anyway, I think I am dropping my Asurion now. I can afford $200 for a new phone if I happen to need one. If I have to replace my Dinc it will be a $100 Asurion charge anyway. I can save $48 x2 =$96 (my Dinc and my wife's Dinc) on my phone and my wife's phone. Just makes financial sense now, especially since they are out of my phone anyway.

Upvote 0
Funny thing the HTC Incredible is still one of the highest volume (or recently "was") selling smartphones (which accounted for 54% of all phones sold) in the US of A. Quoted from Engadgets article on NPD's statistics for Q1 2011, "The top five best-selling cellphones also happened to be smartphones, with Apple and HTC providing two each; the iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, Droid X, EVO 4G, and the Droid Incredible took home the NPD commendations." The Inc has legs :D

Upvote 0
Now would be a great time to try rooting, for the 2nd year of your contract. Then you can see the huge differences:)

That was my original plan - one year factory, and then second year rooted. I just have to clear part of an afternoon to take care of that I know rooting is pretty quick, but I'll want the rest of the afternoon to play with it! :D

Upvote 0
Ordered my incredible after it had been out, wasn't a follower of android or really anything that had to do with verizon until this phone. I think i got it in june so my one year is a little farther away. Rooted the phone sometime before the new year, messed around with some roms for awhile but have been sticking with CM7 lately. Nothing tops it IMO.

Upvote 0
So show of hands.. who was part of the ORIGINAL epic, awesome HTC Incredible thread? I see alot of "preorder" people here so I'm sure atleast one of you will know what I'm talking about

Was a lurker for that...
Didn't sign up till just into may and didn't pull the trigger on Incredible till end of may, which of course meant i waited 3+ weeks to get phone, lol.
1 year ago i was still cussing at my omnia and drooling over the specs of the incredible, which if i'm not mistaken was the first with 1ghz snapd (except for the nexus 1 of course)....
Our phone was the baddest thing on the block (for a time) and continues to be Da Sh*t!!

I compared my Inc to the Inc 2 and Tbolt at vzw today and was surprised to see what appeared to be a better looking screen on the tbolt.. i was surprised to say the least. mine has never been replaced, amoled..... non rooted......

Upvote 0
I will have had my Incredible for 1 year today sometime during the 4 PST hour. It is easily, my favorite electronic device I've ever owned. Still running stock, I don't see a suitable replacement any time soon... (especially considering the 2-yr contract).

I was also part of the GIANT original thread.

Upvote 0
Damn I missed the party!

I was one of the preorder crowd, and yes I was in that original epic thread. Received mine at 1:40PM on April 28, 2010. Still using it, it's been rooted and I have ejhart's undervolt Hydra Kernel from last summer. Otherwise, stock Froyo with a little eye candy courtesy of WidgetLocker and Minimalist Text. Other than a tiny crack in the battery door, it's in the same perfect condition it was 1 year and 2 days ago. I won't be changing phones anytime soon.

As I type this, I'm doing so on my laptop connected to my Incredible via 3g Hotspot. Vacation time's gotten easier since I can do that :)

Oh.. Woop, nice Cupcake, but if you really want to be accurate shouldn't it have been an Eclair?

5164077058_ae5e48719d.jpg

Upvote 0
So show of hands.. who was part of the ORIGINAL epic, awesome HTC Incredible thread? I see alot of "preorder" people here so I'm sure atleast one of you will know what I'm talking about

I joined it late (because I didn't know this place existed until I searched right after ordering the phone) but I was here too! I mostly lurked (still do, as evidenced by my post count!)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones