1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Happy Father's Day

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by olbriar, Jun 20, 2021.

1. olbriar

olbriar  
    Moderator Thread Starter

Congrats to all the fathers out there. Our big day is here. :) I hope that you get to spend some time with family and or friends and celebrate the honor of being a father. I was fortunate to have four children of my own and to be considered a father figure to a few other fine people. I was also blessed to have had a very fine man as my father. A hard working honest and loving man that helped me survive growing up. :)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Brian706

Brian706 I like turtles!

Happy father's day @olbriar ! I'll be spending the day with my two kiddos and my dad and siblings. Should be a good one!

3. olbriar

olbriar  
    Moderator Thread Starter

And the same wishes for you my friend.

Steven58, ocnbrze and Brian706 like this.
  4. rootabaga

rootabaga Android Expert

Sorry to be maudlin, but this is a tough holiday for two groups of people: those who had a wonderful father (which sounds like it includes you, olbriar) who is no longer here, and those who had horrible fathers and the holiday serves only to remind them of pain and awful events.

It’s quite different from Mother’s Day, since there seem to be far fewer bad moms, for which we can be grateful. (Sometimes the worst you might say about a mom is that she loves too much.)

All of that to say…if you were blessed to have a good father, and he’s still around, do something special for him. No, not an extravagant gift, but spend a few minutes reflecting on some of the great things you remember, and then write him a note about them. And tell him you love him. And ask him what things he remembers. That’ll mean a lot more to him than another tie. ;)

And if you had a bad father, wow, do you have my sympathies. I can’t imagine what that was like, but it must have made growing up that much harder. I hope you had other men in your life that helped you where your own dad was deficient. (If you did, give them a call and let them know.)

And if you had that great father who’s no longer here, reflect on his best traits and call someone else who knew him: a sibling, an uncle or aunt, your mom, etc. and talk about him. That will warm your heart and help fill that hole he left.

Happy Father’s Day!

5. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

Happy Fathers Day to all !!
    [​IMG]

Steven58, Brian706, Dannydet and 2 others like this.
  6. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

Happy Father's day!! :)

7. MoodyBlues

MoodyBlues Compassion is cool!
    VIP Member

Happy Father's Day to all our AF dads out there! Hope you're having a wonderful day.

Steven58, Brian706, Dannydet and 2 others like this.
  8. Bearsyzf

Bearsyzf Android Expert

I sat around watching Basketball and Baseball games doing absolutely nothing, Saturday was my Grandbabies birthday .... so i got to chase her all around a park at her party.

Brian706, Unforgiven and olbriar like this.
  9. Steven58

I'm late to the game. I had a happy one. Some people get triggered on Mother's Day. Some people get triggered on Father's Day. How about we all grow up? :)

Brian706 likes this.
  10. Dngrsone

Dngrsone Android Expert

I get triggered by children.

Guess who has children in their house right now? :rolleyes:

Steven58 likes this.
  11. Steven58

Um... You?

12. Dngrsone

Dngrsone Android Expert

You are so on the ball; must be why you're a mod :lol:

13. rootabaga

rootabaga Android Expert

A friend of mine who is a talented musician composed this little ditty for those who indeed do have trouble with this holiday...it's got a humorous twist which fits her to a tee. ;)

Enjoy: