• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Happy Holidroid Contest 12/6: Secret Phrase!

we care about providing a fair chance for everyone more than anything else. If people are going to use bots or post a link to every new article until they win, we don't think that is fair. I understand that changing the rules after the fact reflects badly upon us and we apologize. We also admit that this particular contest was organized a bit poorly and we will brainstorm for the next one to make sure the competition is fair for everyone and to make sure the rules to make the competition fair are in place well before we post.

Again, I apologize.

Might I suggest a few more RANDOM contests. I mean, I get that this was simply something being overlooked but it was one of the few I actually had a chance to win until I was disqualified. It'd be nice to see some of us faithful readers rewarded who don't have the luxury of hitting refresh 24 hours a day and don't know how to design bots to win contests for us. I literally pretty much wasted these last few hours when I should have been studying (I know, poor choice) only to be disqualified for the one contest that I was actually aware of before someone won it (except the video review). I appreciate the contests but I'm getting the feeling that I might as well ignore all contest posts on Phandroid because there is no chance in hell of winning.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones