• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Happy New Ally User

Hi, My name is Angie. Just upgraded my verizon phone to the LG Ally last week, and so far I'm loving it. (Timing is everything, New Every Two + Online Exclusive Sale = free phone!)

I was coveting the Droid for a looooong time, I'll admit I was suckered in by the advertising. A friend picked it up day 1, and let me play with it... I decided it was a little heavy, didn't like the keyboard, and a little too expensive (plus my New Every Two wouldn't go into effect for another 6 mo).

Then the Incredible came out, and I was tempted again. After getting a chance to play with one in a Verizon store i decided me and touch-screens don't get along so well, I wanted a keyboard. Truth was, I had an LG enV 2 and I loved it; and really wasn't that eager to give it up.

Then Verizon announced the LG Ally. Made by the same company that made the phone I currently adored... slide out QWERTY, Android OS... played with one in the store and was instantly sold!

Still trying to figure some things out (that I'm discovering maybe just aren't possible yet.) A little annoyed that the Google Maps navigation goes through the phone speaker and not through Bluetooth Headset, but overall I'm really liking the phone (love the QWERTY, some key placement is a little different from the enV 2, but good tactile interface), and starting to really like Android.

Will continue to comb the forums for answers before asking questions :)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones