1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2021!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ocnbrze, Jan 1, 2021.

1. MoodyBlues

MoodyBlues Compassion is cool!
    VIP Member

Thanks for the PM, @Dngrsone, and for updating things here. We were worried about you. :)

Depression and I are REALLY good friends. Enemies. Whatever! Anyway, it sounds like you're dealing with a long-term case of it, too, so you're probably very well-versed in this already, but here goes: if you feel like you're losing control/hope/happiness/meaning/etc., please get in touch with the appropriate healthcare provider. For me, after decades of talk therapy plus meds, my depression has mostly been very well-controlled for 10+ years with just meds. If you're already taking antidepressants, and if your current level of depression doesn't improve soon, it could be time to switch things up a bit, either with a higher dose, a different type, a new combo, etc. And if you're not on meds, this might be the time to start--again, if things don't start looking up soon. If this drags on, please, please get some help.

Milo Willamson, Dngrsone and ocnbrze like this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Dngrsone

Dngrsone Android Expert

Thanks, everyone! I have upped my dosage a bit to compensate, and that helps, but I am really trying to get referred to a new psychiatrist so we can reevaluate... I've been years on the same medications and I'm hoping there might be a better regime for me.

3. olbriar

olbriar  

Good on you. Who knows what might be available now or how a different approach might bring you some relief. Just taking some positive steps must bring some positive to combat the negative. Do know that you have many friends here in your AF family. We care.

MoodyBlues and ocnbrze like this.
  4. MoodyBlues

VIP Member

Excellent! Yes, definitely see what else is available. Over the years I've been on many antidepressants, including all types, and nothing has ever worked long-term without switching things up at some point. Right now my 'cocktail' consists of just two meds, at other times it had different meds and/or different doses. If your primary care physician is knowledgeable about depression and its treatment (some are, some not so much), s/he may be all you need for this. Unless you're wanting to do talk therapy, too. If you do hook up with a psychiatrist, s/he may be able to give you your initial prescription(s), then your PCP can refill them from there if you're doing okay. That's what I'm doing, with the understanding that if things start nosediving, I'll see a shrink. :)

5. Milo Willamson

Milo Willamson Android Expert

^ Sometimes I can always remember why we are family and you just gave me, another example :)

MoodyBlues likes this.
  6. Milo Willamson

IT is my beautiful galpal, she does not mind the muddy feet either, fresh from the garden either, I mostly hose it down anyways hahaha :) But yea I am on a different thyroid pill that makes it wave outro mostly, I am mostly cheerful vs. last year when I had a redemy mostly like for a tenth less of a percent, Leviqua, I was on and now I am on Eurthysm :)

ocnbrze likes this.
  7. MoodyBlues

VIP Member

{{{ HUGS }}}

ocnbrze and Milo Willamson like this.
  8. Milo Willamson

((( hugs back ))) :) Glad you are feeling great sis, inbox soonish?

ocnbrze likes this.
  9. JohanXV

JohanXV Lurker

I work for a big company that likes to throw parties on holidays. The New Year's Eve party was great and definitely unforgettable. My boss invited musicians and dancers and even hired a stage for us. There were a lot of guests, but there was enough space. Outdoor Stages UK offers a wide range of outdoor scenes and additional services such as lighting and music. By the way, the prices are very reasonable. On the site https://www.outdoorstages.co.uk/ you will find complete information and answers to all possible questions about the price, size and installation of scenes, weather, etc.

#34 JohanXV, Jan 12, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
  10. Dngrsone

Dngrsone Android Expert

I don't think I have ever attended a New Year's party...

ocnbrze likes this.
  11. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

isn't the UK in lockdown? sounds pretty dumb during a pandemic.

12. Milo Williamson

Milo Williamson Android Enthusiast

Not a huge one though, but mostly home with my friends or families :)

13. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

where is Uj? and i think it is a tad late to celebrate the New Year of 2021......but i guess better late then never....LOL

14. Milo Williamson

Milo Williamson Android Enthusiast

ocnbrze likes this.