• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Happy with your Nexus 4?

That's not too good.

The usage sounds similar to my weekday usage, but my battery is rarely far under 50% when I pop it back on charge - and that's more like 15 hours after taking it off.

Only time I get as low as 20% is say when I've used the turn-by-turn for an hour or more without a charger attached.

Most of my music (well, podcast) listening is done on headphones - I guess that would use a little less power than the speakers.

The only difference I can see is that I'm using the stock kernel.

Any suggestions?

Upvote 0
i have an issue... after playing subway surf..... when i quit it...i go to battery section and see 13% battery being eaten up by subway surf when i have already quit the game and deleted it from the task manager!! ...is this normal..?

temple run 2 is also misbehaving [5%],...plz help.. :'(

i have already uninstalled and reinstalled subway but in vein :/

Upvote 0
i have an issue... after playing subway surf..... when i quit it...i go to battery section and see 13% battery being eaten up by subway surf when i have already quit the game and deleted it from the task manager!! ...is this normal..?

temple run 2 is also misbehaving [5%],...plz help.. :'(

i have already uninstalled and reinstalled subway but in vein :/

Do you own the Nexus 4 or is this on another device? The battery stats screen doesn't show what's currently using the battery, but it's a historical record of what has taken up the battery since the last charge.

If you've been playing games for any length of time, they are going to be big hitters.

Reactions: somesh_sharma1
Upvote 0
yes ofcourse i own a nexus 4! thank you for your reply...!

how can i save battery on my n4...ie i want it to last atleast 1.5 days..

ii dont use a live wallpaepr and generally am on wifi... :D

is 2g data connecttion better battery consuming than wifi..plz..help i am a newbie... :D

Don't use it.

My phone can last all day if I don't use it a whole lot, or I can kill a battery in a few hours if I'm playing games on it. Other than a Droid Razr Maxx I don't think there is a smart phone that can last more than a day with a decent amount of usage.

Upvote 0
I just got one yesterday and I am very pleased with it, so far. I was a little disappointed that it doesn't have a spot for an SD card, but the 16 gigs (more like 12) more than makes up for it. The lack of app space that I had with my previous phone (HTC Evo V 4G from Virgin Mobile) is definitely not an issue with this device. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones