1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Haptic and lock screen issues.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by CXXV, Feb 3, 2011.

1. CXXV

CXXV Android Enthusiast

I

I can't find where to turn off Haptic completely. I don't want it on any functions. I've unchecked the haptic feedback but it still does it on certain function.

I find the lock screen cumbersome when a call comes in. I need two hands to unlock the screen with that stupid slider thing. Simply can't do it with one hand and there is a considerable delay until it actually engages the call.

Is there a better lockscreen replacement that has maybe a single button rather than a slider?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. quickaudi

quickaudi Android Expert

3. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=

Here's the Droid 2 User Guide for you, CXXV (in PDF format):

http://pocketpccentral.net/pdfs/Droid2UserGuide.pdf

4. CXXV

CXXV Android Enthusiast

That's nice, but it doesn't even have the word haptic in it. Been there and done that.

5. quickaudi

quickaudi Android Expert

in which functions does it feedback?

6. Dakota - Tom

Dakota - Tom Well-Known Member

There is no way to turn off the haptic on the four standard softkeys on the D2. This may be a bug, since you could turn it off on the D1.

7. CXXV

CXXV Android Enthusiast

What about on the sliders in the lock screen.

8. hixguy1

hixguy1 Lurker

There is another forum thread on this same issue ... this is a bug (can't turn off haptic feedback on soft keys). Very annoying, and Motorolla has been made aware of it by multiple users.

9. chrstdvd

chrstdvd Android Enthusiast

To get rid of the lock screen there is an app Battery Indicator Pro that you can buy for a modest price, that has a button that disables the lock screen. The best, coolest app I have bought. I do not have to mess with that silly lock screen stuff anymore. Another app Quick Settings allows you to turn off the haptic stuff under the ringer setting, I have mine set to "sound only".

Motorola Droid 2 Forum

The Motorola Droid 2 release date was August 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, GB RAM, processor, and 1400mAh battery.

August 2010
Release Date
Reviews