1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Haptic feedback skipping/clicking?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by wynand32, Aug 11, 2011.

1. wynand32

wynand32 Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 11, 2011
    Is anyone experiencing some "clicking" or "skipping" or something with their haptic feedback (vibration), particularly noticeable when typing? For me, it's as if there's static in the vibration, if that makes any sense, that manifest as sort of a clicking noise. It's just annoying enough to bother me when typing long messages and email and such.

If others have it and it's "normal," I can live with it. If it's a harbinger of future vibration failure, then I'm going to swap mine out. Which is a pain, of course, in general, and something I'd rather avoid. This and some general creakiness from the battery cover are my only issues with the phone.

Advertisement

2. blindman13

blindman13 Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 6, 2009
    Mine just started clicking. Like every 8th touch there is a slight "click" sound...really weird.

3. wynand32

None

Jan 11, 2011
    Yep, that pretty much described what mine did (and I did replace it; my new one doesn't do it).

4. blindman13

blindman13 Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 6, 2009
    Well im not sure if I should just put up with it or get a new phone, there really isnt anything else wrong with it. Does the clicking get worse?

5. wynand32

None

Jan 11, 2011
    Mine never got worse over the week or so I had it, but I switched it out also because my battery cover was really creaky. However, the one I replaced it with is perfect except for a camera rattle (which might have been on my first one and I hadn't noticed it). Moral of the story is: if you swap out you might get a different issue--something I've experienced with every single gadget I've ever owned.

If I were you, unless it really bugs you or you have another issue, I'd keep it.