• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Haptic Feedback: yay or nay?

Do you use haptic feedback?

• Yeah

Votes: 15 44.1%
  • Nah

Votes: 19 55.9%

• Total voters

funkylogik

share the love peeps ;)
Sep 15, 2011
Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe
i just saw this article http://pocketnow.com/2013/07/16/why-i-hate-haptic-feedback and it got me thinking, do a lot of people not use it?
I love it and i have the intensity set pretty high. My thumbs feel "deaf" without it if that makes sense lol(?) I dont care that it uses a lot of power and makes a robotic noise. I like the robotic noise lol.
(i use the AF app and i have no idea how to create a poll lol but if any nice mod sees this and wants to make a "haptic: yes/no" poll for the thread, that would be cool) :D :beer:

Nooo all my most respected AF peeps are turning out to be idiots lol :p:p haptic is great. I hope someone invents stereo haptic so you can feel how far left or right youre tapping.
Actualy, four vibration motors, top, bottom, left, right that vary the intensity indevidualy depending on where you touch :D

Actually @mike, dial pad is the only place i use touch tones lol, i dont know why :thinking:
I dont understand people who have their keyboard etc set to make tones.... thats a whole other poll though lol :)

Reactions: Rxpert83
Upvote 0
Anything for battery savings:thumbup:
Power button--off. Big time battery savings :D ;)

Nooo all my most respected AF peeps are turning out to be idiots lol :p:p haptic is great. I hope someone invents stereo haptic so you can feel how far left or right youre tapping.
Actualy, four vibration motors, top, bottom, left, right that vary the intensity indevidualy depending on where you touch :D

Actually @mike, dial pad is the only place i use touch tones lol, i dont know why :thinking:
I dont understand people who have their keyboard etc set to make tones.... thats a whole other poll though lol :)

Yer killin me funky :D Do you, in addition to haptic feedback, use sounds for screen selections? Or just the haptic?

Edit: I must type too slow..I didn't even see your edit that I quoted. sheesh I gotta type faster.

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
My current phone doesn't have it by default. Crazy S3 mini. I used to have it enabled. So now no obviously. But I never noticed it. One place I always turn off haptic feedback though is Swype. Their vibrate intensity is through the roof for some reason. But then I'm starting get used to and like having no haptic feedback because it feels so smooth.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones