• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I can't find any setting to turn on haptic feedback for the back button or recent app button. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks
I've searched through every setting in this phone and it doesn't exist. The only way to get haptic feedback is if someone makes a custom ROM for this phone like cm11 or carbon

Upvote 0
Strange it doesn't have it available because it definitely has the capability to have it. When I use SwiftKey, I definitely get the feedback but for the life of me don't see any settings for haptic feedback in the phone's main settings.
Someone also mentioned somewhere that this phone doesn't have the option to have the key lights light up to notify that a message was received while the screen in off. This should seem like a simple feature to include along with the haptic feedback for the front keys being that the phone has the parts to vibrate and lights behind the keys.

Upvote 0
After some searching I found a solution but it requires root. I'm not sure if this needs to be moved to the all things root section now... Unfortunately I don't know how to do that.

I first installed the xposed installer and downloaded the xposed additions module. In the xposed additions settings there is an option to force haptic feedback for the back and recent apps button.

In order for the haptic feedback to work I also had to download a free app from the play store called hapticswitch to enable haptic feedback.

This is very general instructions if anyone would like I can go into more detail.

Hope this helps

Reactions: Masterchief87
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones