• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HARD BRICKED HTC EVO 4G (not rooted)

just curious as to what you mean by doing recovery? were you doing a factory reset?

Yes, I was stuck in a boot loop. Than I tried to do the factory reset and accidentally hit "recovery".. I got the red triangle with the exclamation point and now it won't turn on, charge, etc... From what I'm reading on various sites this is considered a hard brick? Please correct me if I am wrong.

Upvote 0
Thanks, i don't know if it matters but this happened two days ago and I've tried removing the battery. It has all qualities of a hard bricked evo (no response to charging, USB connection no existent when hooked to PC, does not come on at all) ..

Now I did the factory restart twice before I accidentally did the recovery/battery removal if that matters... And I've had it on a charger since last night around 11 EST. phone is cold and non responsive

Thanks for your time

Upvote 0
were you getting bootloops before all this? did you do anything? or were they random?

you could have the infamous "bootloop" of death. it has happened before and it is a known issue with some evo's.....i even had random bootloops, but with mine i could still use it......i took it back to sprint and they gave me a refurb.

if you can't get to the bootloader then there is not much we can do.........so yes it is a bricked phone:(

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0
Bro, Have you fixed your phone or not. If not, let me know, I was in the same and fixed from scratch. You will need at least one day and about 2gb files to download. let me know, I will send all the links and files and process method.

curious as to what this fix is? do you have a link? what files are these?

Upvote 0
ss_stock_4.67.651, KERNEL_OTA_5.07.651.1_Stock, KERNEL_OTA_5.07.651.1_WirelessN, PC36IMG-prl.wimax.na, PC36IMG-ra recovery RemoveDude-garie234. by installing by order, PC361MG will be factory setup, got to activate again with sprint. If your really need links, please try xda, and mikig, if not please let me know, I am happy to help you..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones