1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Hard close applications

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Ixape, May 3, 2011.

1. Ixape

Ixape Lurker
    None

May 3, 2011
    Hello,

I find myself having to restart my phone a lot to close applications to close applications to free up the RAM on the phone.

A load of applications become open because I open them and then when I close them they don't actually close.. they stay open in the back ground and hog the phones resources.

How can I close programmes fully?

Advertisement

2. RyanB

RyanB Guest
    None
    Well, it kind of depends. First, if they are ones that you downloaded, check for options that may control whether or not it runs in the background. You may need to replace them with other apps of similar function. If they came with the phone (which would mean they're locked into the phone), deleting them isn't really a choice. Should you decide to root your phone (with all the risks that go along with it), you have a few options. You can use apps that'll "freeze" other apps and keep them from running until you reboot. You can also delete system apps when you're rooted, though there may be adverse consequences to doing so. You can also install a custom ROM which usually lacks the bloated apps