• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Hard Reset/Fastbook, Recovery, Clear Storage, and Simlock Menu

snyderk08

Lurker
Jul 21, 2011
PA
I have the HTC Evo 4G on Sprint. I just got it last week, and I was trying to go to the menu for the hard reset (power the phone off, hold volume down, press and release power). I have tried several times, but every time that I do it, no menu comes up, and my phone just powers back on. I can't figure out what is going on.. any help? :thinking:

I have the HTC Evo 4G on Sprint. I just got it last week, and I was trying to go to the menu for the hard reset (power the phone off, hold volume down, press and release power). I have tried several times, but every time that I do it, no menu comes up, and my phone just powers back on. I can't figure out what is going on.. any help? :thinking:

hello and welcome to the forums!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
if you go to settings/applications/and uncheck the fast boot option. you can also do a factory data reset as well. go to settings/sd & phone storage/select factory data reset.

Upvote 0
hi. I was actually trying to root my phone this way, because I want to be able to use the screen shot app "Shoot Me". Unless you know of a different way to do screen shots, without rooting.. that would be great :)

well no you can't use it unless you are rooted. and you can't root by doing a factory reset. if you have gingerbread on your phone then you can't root it as of yet. please read this as to why:http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all...cant-root-your-gingerbread-2-3-3-evo-yet.html.

Upvote 0
and what is gingerbread? how do I know if it's on my phone or not?

Gingerbread is the lastest Andriod operating system (2.3.). It is fairly easy here are the steps:
1. home screen tap menu
2. tap settings scroll down to about phone( should be last option)
3. tap about phone
4. select software information

follow these steps and it should show you your Android version (what your looking for) and Sense version Pri and Prl.

enjoy the evo it is a great piece of computing power..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones