1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Hard reset not working

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by samuraisam, Dec 10, 2010.

1. samuraisam

samuraisam Lurker
    None

Dec 10, 2010
    Hey,
    I have a Samsung Galaxy S I9000. I had it rooted and I had the nolagfix installed. It has stopped working; the phone will boot, play the animation and repeat the 'glowing S' part of the animation 5-6 times and then start the phone with a black screen; the phone is on, but only the back/menu buttons light up and it'll mount on USB with empty drives.

I've tried every which-way to get hte phone to go into recovery mode and it will not; please help!

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement

2. amk61

amk61 Lurker
    None

Mar 20, 2012
    Hi,

A couple of years down the line! I'm having the same problem. I don't know much about phones but here is what happened:

The phone hung on one of the apps (prognosis) and would not respond. I switched it off. Now, when I switch it one, I don't get past the 's' screen with the music. The screen remains blank, with the two keys either side of home lighting up. I researched a bit on forums, and tried soft and hard resets. (although I don't want to lose data and go to factory setting!) The soft reset didn't work, but the hard reset doesn't even happen! It doesn't give me option I just keep getting the initial galaxy page over and over again.

Any ideas?