Directions on how to hard reset a Samsung Galaxy Prevail M820
1. Make sure the phone is turned off
2. Press and hold the up volume button (keep holding it)
3. Press the power button until it says "Samsung Prevail" while you are still holding the up volume button
4. Hold the up volume button until it comes up with "Android system recovery"
5. Using the down volume button scroll to "wipe data/factory reset"
6. Press the camera button to select it
7. Using the down volume button scroll to "Yes -- delete all user data"
8. Press the camera button (remember this erases all data and returns it to original factory settings.
9. Select "reboot system now" by pressing the camera button
10. Phone will turn off and back on.
Held it for over 5 minutes!!
I'm guessing my phone should have done something by then!!
Ever since the update 2 days ago, my phone is having the "Battery charging indicating issue", & Will not turn on once turned off, or turned off by itself, unless plugged in!
I've tried Everything I can find on these issues!
The phone worked fine beforehand, I did a "Factory Reset", I was hoping a "Hard Reset" Would offer a solution!
But my phone will not allow this apparently!
Anyone have any other suggestions to this??
& I'm sure it's a dumb question, but I'm running out of options, other than purchasing a new phone!-There is ONLY one way to do a "Hard Reset" right?
Any info greatly appreciated!!