• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

hard reset?

Roddy

Sep 11, 2009
I did a search and didn't see anything.. But is there a way to backup your info(texts, calender, memos apps, etc ets) before you do a hard reset? This is really pissing me Off.. The broswer is still closing( i downloaded the file from xda) after I rebooted.. i can't even send mms.. I'm pissed I don't want to loose all my memo's etc. HTC shouldn't released this buggy ass software..im sorry but im a little frustrated..

im aware of that.. but things such as texts aren't on my sd card..

There is no way to natively do it from the phone. If you want to save Texts/ Call logs/ ect then i suggest getting the 5 dollar app "MyBackUp Plus".

Lifetime license and works like a charm. 2 options come with it after its installed.

Saving your apps (Save on SD card, save online)
&
Saving your Data (Save on SD card, Save online)

If you choose data then it gives you more options on what to save. I save it all but you can pick from Contacts, Call Log, Book marks, SMS, MMS, System settings, Dictionary...ect ect.

That will save everything you need. And it comes in handy if there is every a time in the future that you need to do another reset or if you root and flash a ROM you can restore all that stuff.

Just download from market then do a restore. Whats nice about it is a scheduler it has. I have it save every Sunday at 4am. This way im not using it and it has a weekly back up and i dont need to remember doing it.

You can toggle the times and days you want it to save too and what all you want saved.

Worth it for 5 bucks IMO.

Upvote 0
I did a search and didn't see anything.. But is there a way to backup your info(texts, calender, memos apps, etc ets) before you do a hard reset? This is really pissing me Off.. The broswer is still closing( i downloaded the file from xda) after I rebooted.. i can't even send mms.. I'm pissed I don't want to loose all my memo's etc. HTC shouldn't released this buggy ass software..im sorry but im a little frustrated..

Yes as above points out MyBackupPro is a life saver. What buggy ass software are you talking about? Did you install the manual update that HTC said "Do not install"? Or are you having an issue with having had Flash 10.1 installed prior to the 2.2 update? Or did you do the OTA and it just has been crashing ever since? I apologize for asking but I am not familiar with what your problems have been.

Upvote 0
Thanks "I want my Evo" I just downloaded this, lets see how this works out..

and "sikclown" I did no update prior to Monday night for the OTA update. Every since i downloaded 2.2 on Monday night (the one that was OTA to my phone) I've been having all type of issues..

Upvote 0
Thanks "I want my Evo" I just downloaded this, lets see how this works out..

and "sikclown" I did no update prior to Monday night for the OTA update. Every since i downloaded 2.2 on Monday night (the one that was OTA to my phone) I've been having all type of issues..

Did you have Flash 10.1 installed prior to the Update? I know that has caused a ton of problems. But getting a good back up program is a life saver. I use it and Hard Reset after every update just in case. It is a habit left over from Windows Mobile for me. Good luck and the Hard Reset should put you right again.

Upvote 0
Did you have Flash 10.1 installed prior to the Update? I know that has caused a ton of problems. But getting a good back up program is a life saver. I use it and Hard Reset after every update just in case. It is a habit left over from Windows Mobile for me. Good luck and the Hard Reset should put you right again.

That was my problem. I installed Flash 10.1 when my OS was still 2.1. Even though i deleted it before installing 2.2 it caused some issues.

Those issues could have been due to Flash or due to installing the leaked version of 2.2 but since the hard reset iv been golden.

MyBackUp Pro was a life saver. Took all of 5 min to get all my apps back up and on my phone.

Just FYI, It does not remember what widgets or apps go where on your home screens. Youll have to set that back up your self. That is unless your using LauncherPro +.

It has a nice back up option on that as well that remembers where your stuff goes. It was as simple as re-dowloading it and then hitting restore from SD card. Poof in 20 seconds everything was back to how it was.

Upvote 0

no i didn't even know flash 10.1 was out prior to 2.2

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones