1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Hard shell case?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by chupoopacabra, May 22, 2011.

1. chupoopacabra

chupoopacabra Lurker

First time poster, just got my TB on Thursday.

What cases are people using? I'm looking to get a hardshell case (non silicone or anything else that will make it stick to my pockets when I slide it in and out)

I originally bought the hardshell that verizon corpo store had, but they couldn't get it the two pieces to lock together at the store so they returned it.

Suggestions?

On a side note, has anyone noticed the little water damage indicator on the right side of the battery near where the antenna contacts for the battery door start peeling off just from simply removing and reattaching the battery door? I'm worried this may become a problem in the long run if I ever need to warranty it.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. tuanster1119

tuanster1119 Well-Known Member

I am using the casemate barely there case and I love it.

chupoopacabra likes this.
  3. chupoopacabra

chupoopacabra Lurker

Is the rubber outer really grippy/sticky?

4. The_Superhoo

The_Superhoo Android Enthusiast

Yep I've got the standard hard shell case Verizon sells. The one not for holsters.

It works fine. Feels natural, not overly bulky. And i've confirmed it works, as I dropped my phone on the asphalt outside my office not 6 days afer buying it. No damage to the phone, and only a couple chips on the case. Good to go.

5. Bowlegz

Bowlegz Newbie

I have the Seidio Convert rugged case, the phone feels bullet proof now! It adds a little bit of bulk to phone, but nothing major, besides you can always remove the plastic exoskeleton and just rock the inner case.

6. IRuninCircles

IRuninCircles Member

I bought the hard shell cases from Seidio and Incipio....both are great cases, not sticky, easy to slide out of pockets....Personally, I preder the Incipio, but the Seidio is a great case too...more color options with Seidio...I also have the Case Mate Pop Case which I feel looks the best, but also adds the most bulk to the phone...

7. Ibrick

Ibrick Android Expert

I'm using the Seidio active X, which might be what you're looking for. It's a silicone cover with a harder skeleton over it. The hard part isn't quite plastic and still had some grip so it doesn't slide around and enough of the silicone is exposed to give good grip when holding it.

It does add some size, but its manageable for sure.

8. tuanster1119

tuanster1119 Well-Known Member

The outside has a matte surface but it's smooth. I keep the phone in my pocket and I have no issues sliding it in and out of my jeans.

HTC Thunderbolt Forum

The HTC Thunderbolt release date was March 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1400mAh battery.

March 2011
Release Date
Reviews