• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hardbricked Yarvik TAB224

ursulina

Feb 1, 2014
Hello, after I accidentally erased the emmc partition of the tablet it seems that the bootloader gets corrupted or erased. The fact is: I cannot flash any ROM from Yarvik (the livesuit freezes at about 56%) or if I successfully flas a clone ROM the tablet is in boot loop (blank screen boot loop or android logo boot loop). The tablet is Yarvik TAB224 iNet 97F rev 02 wjh2011-12-07, allwinner A10, 4Gb, 512 M. Tried and got tired flashing ROMs with no result. Could it be repaired or should I send it to trash? Thank you

Welcome to the forums, sorry about the trouble!

Yeah - usually if you format a reserved partition, you either need the maker to support flashing a factory image (usually at a service center) or you need a replacement.

I know - it's a bummer.

By the way - for any clone rom - have you tried using fastboot to flash the kernel separately after the rom?

Get the boot image file from the zipped rom, put in same folder as fastboot, then -

fastboot flash boot boot.img

Upvote 0
Thank you for your answer, I have a factory image provided by the company, first, livesuit stuck at 56%, then, after I delete from the system file of the ROM the preinstalled application (using ImgRePack), the ROM provided by the company could be flashed with livesuit. The problem is that I cannot access the recovery and the tablet is in blank screen boot loop.

Upvote 0
UPDATE: I succeded to flash a custom ROM from Momo 9 Android 2.3.4, now even the tablet is still in blank screen boot loop, at least I have stock recovery. What's strange: even I could wipe cache in recovery, I cannot wipe data /factory reset (tablet restarts in blank screen boot loop). I do not know what to do further, perhaps put the tablet in the garbage bin.:mad:

Upvote 0
Linux boot is done by clearing registers and setting the kernel start address in the program counter register on a PC.

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/The_Linux_Kernel/Booting

Android is similar -

http://elinux.org/Android_Booting

You can find the kernel start address (what many of us referred to as the start vector back when pterodactyls flew the skies) -

http://yanzicjustnubie.wordpress.co...-kernel-base-adress-of-an-android-boot-img-2/

Sorry if I worded that poorly.

Point is, that ought to be a known constant to your bootloader, if it's corrupted somehow, I don't know how you could fix that without a factory image.

Reactions: DragonSlayer95
Upvote 0
I have a factory image downloaded from the manufacturer's official site, based on this I could find the kernel base address, so all I can do is modifying the script.bin (which is in the bootloader.fex) with the kernel base address I find out from the boot.img? I am correct? I am not an IT guy, so I might misunderstand some issues...

Upvote 0
The read-only operating sysstem I have from the manufacturer's site includes iso files (boot.fex.img, bootloader.fex.img, system.fex.img, recovery.fex.img, diskfs.fex.img, env.fex.iso), work (inet files), boot.fex, bootloader.fex, boot 0.bin, boot1.bin, card_boot0.fex, card_boot1.fex, deskfs.fex, dlinfo.fex, env.dex, imgage.cfg, mbr.fex, recovery.fex, split_xxxx.fex, sys_config.fex, sys_config1.fex, system.fex, vboot.fex, vbootloader.fex, venv.fex, vbootloader.fex, venv.fex. Bootloader.fex dissembled: linux folder, OSshow folder, sprite folde, vendor folder, boot.axf, boot.ini, drv.de.drv, font24.sft, font32.sft, magic.bin, script.bin, script0.bin, sprite.axf.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones