1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Hardbricked Yarvik TAB224

Discussion in 'Other Androids' started by ursulina, Feb 1, 2014.

1. ursulina

ursulina Newbie
    None

Feb 1, 2014
    Hello, after I accidentally erased the emmc partition of the tablet it seems that the bootloader gets corrupted or erased. The fact is: I cannot flash any ROM from Yarvik (the livesuit freezes at about 56%) or if I successfully flas a clone ROM the tablet is in boot loop (blank screen boot loop or android logo boot loop). The tablet is Yarvik TAB224 iNet 97F rev 02 wjh2011-12-07, allwinner A10, 4Gb, 512 M. Tried and got tired flashing ROMs with no result. Could it be repaired or should I send it to trash? Thank you

Advertisement

2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon

Jun 10, 2010
    New Mexico, USA
    Welcome to the forums, sorry about the trouble!

Yeah - usually if you format a reserved partition, you either need the maker to support flashing a factory image (usually at a service center) or you need a replacement.

I know - it's a bummer.

By the way - for any clone rom - have you tried using fastboot to flash the kernel separately after the rom?

Get the boot image file from the zipped rom, put in same folder as fastboot, then -

fastboot flash boot boot.img

3. ursulina

ursulina Newbie
    None

Feb 1, 2014
    Thank you for your answer, I have a factory image provided by the company, first, livesuit stuck at 56%, then, after I delete from the system file of the ROM the preinstalled application (using ImgRePack), the ROM provided by the company could be flashed with livesuit. The problem is that I cannot access the recovery and the tablet is in blank screen boot loop.

4. ursulina

ursulina Newbie
    None

Feb 1, 2014
    Cannot use fastboot, cause cannot debug USB :(

5. ursulina

ursulina Newbie
    None

Feb 1, 2014
    UPDATE: I succeded to flash a custom ROM from Momo 9 Android 2.3.4, now even the tablet is still in blank screen boot loop, at least I have stock recovery. What's strange: even I could wipe cache in recovery, I cannot wipe data /factory reset (tablet restarts in blank screen boot loop). I do not know what to do further, perhaps put the tablet in the garbage bin.:mad:

6. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon

Jun 10, 2010
    New Mexico, USA
    The only thing I can think is that it's stuck with the old kernel and there's a mismatch, hence the bootloop.

You probably know that.

I got nothing but I'll ask around and post back if I learn anything.

7. ursulina

ursulina Newbie
    None

Feb 1, 2014
    Thank you for your answer, I didn't though about a possible kernel mismatch, I though I was a bootloader issue (wiped, or corrupted). Thus, I will delay the garbage bin operation :) and start searching on the way this issue could be solved somehow.

8. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon

Jun 10, 2010
    New Mexico, USA
    Well, the bootloader vector and the kernel start have to match too, that's a very good point.

Hmmm. Keep me posted and I'll keep looking too.

9. ursulina

ursulina Newbie
    None

Feb 1, 2014
    What do you mean by a mis-match between boot-loader and kernel start? the machine ID is not supported or recognized?

10. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon

Jun 10, 2010
    New Mexico, USA
    Linux boot is done by clearing registers and setting the kernel start address in the program counter register on a PC.

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/The_Linux_Kernel/Booting

Android is similar -

http://elinux.org/Android_Booting

You can find the kernel start address (what many of us referred to as the start vector back when pterodactyls flew the skies) -

http://yanzicjustnubie.wordpress.co...-kernel-base-adress-of-an-android-boot-img-2/

Sorry if I worded that poorly.

Point is, that ought to be a known constant to your bootloader, if it's corrupted somehow, I don't know how you could fix that without a factory image.

DragonSlayer95 likes this.
  11. ursulina

ursulina Newbie
    None

Feb 1, 2014
    I have a factory image downloaded from the manufacturer's official site, based on this I could find the kernel base address, so all I can do is modifying the script.bin (which is in the bootloader.fex) with the kernel base address I find out from the boot.img? I am correct? I am not an IT guy, so I might misunderstand some issues...

12. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon

Jun 10, 2010
    New Mexico, USA
    I'd say you're doing nicely. :)

Dumb question (because you'd have probably said but anyway, covering all the bases) - is that a full image including firmware or just the rom (and boot.img)?

Have you tried it (apologies if you said that earlier)?

To answer your question, I believe that's a yes.

13. ursulina

ursulina Newbie
    None

Feb 1, 2014
    The read-only operating sysstem I have from the manufacturer's site includes iso files (boot.fex.img, bootloader.fex.img, system.fex.img, recovery.fex.img, diskfs.fex.img, env.fex.iso), work (inet files), boot.fex, bootloader.fex, boot 0.bin, boot1.bin, card_boot0.fex, card_boot1.fex, deskfs.fex, dlinfo.fex, env.dex, imgage.cfg, mbr.fex, recovery.fex, split_xxxx.fex, sys_config.fex, sys_config1.fex, system.fex, vboot.fex, vbootloader.fex, venv.fex, vbootloader.fex, venv.fex. Bootloader.fex dissembled: linux folder, OSshow folder, sprite folde, vendor folder, boot.axf, boot.ini, drv.de.drv, font24.sft, font32.sft, magic.bin, script.bin, script0.bin, sprite.axf.

14. ursulina

ursulina Newbie
    None

Feb 1, 2014
    I went to a service and they told me that the battery is broken, that's why the android could not start at all... now I am waiting for a new battery...

15. ursulina

ursulina Newbie
    None

Feb 1, 2014
    SOLVED: it was not the battery, it was the usb driver of the laptop. Reinstall the windows on the laptop, then install the appropriate usb livesuit driver, then flash the ROM.

EarlyMon likes this.