1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Hardlocked, How can I unlock phone?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by helofast, Jan 20, 2012.

1. helofast

helofast Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Basically I purchased a code from cellunlocker.net to find out the phone is hardlocked [​IMG]

and I want to be able to enter the code for unlocking. I am somewhat familiar with rooting if necessary.

Advertisement

2. Marcha

Marcha Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2011
    Netherlands
    Hi,
    I'm afraid you're having a problem. I've found this on the manufacturer's site:
    " If your phone it hardlocked it can't accept the unlock code. In such case do not try to unlock your phone because it will not work. It's very easy to identify hardlocked phones. Power on your phone with different network sim card. It is says Network lock and shows Dismiss button only then your phone is hardlocked and it can't be unlocked."

3. helofast

Nov 1, 2009
    CS kept telling me to "flash" the phone but I am not sure as to what this means, I asked them to point me in the direction but said try didn't have any information. Maybe you know as what this means?

4. Marcha

Marcha Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2011
    Netherlands
    Hi Helofast,
    I'm not familiar with flashing. I guess they mean reinstall or install new firmware. Somehow I don't think that will be the solution. From the manufacturer's text I copied in my earlier post I understand that this phone can't be unlocked with the code. Take a look for yourself at www.fastgsm.com; if you're somewhat familiar with rooting, you should know more about it than I do. Maybe someone else can give any suggestions??

5. helofast

Nov 1, 2009
    Marcha,
    thank you for the information I will try a local shop see maybe they can help out a bit, and will root phone as a last resort, I know I can purchase another phone but this is in perfectly good condition so I want this one

6. bigbaldbloke

bigbaldbloke Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2011
    If it's been locked out completely by the network carrier, a solution may be to install a new firmware.

7. NathanBookham

NathanBookham Member

Feb 9, 2012
    You need to use ODIN and flash a stock rom.

8. Poolmanouvre

Poolmanouvre New Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Edinburgh
    Running Android Revolution HD! - if someone else has my IMEI I bought the phone second hand, could it be hard locked/bricked? And if so could I unlock it again?

I was chatting with a friend and they said if the old owner wanted they could still have the phone locked..

Getting kind of worried!

Thanks! PM:smokingsomb:

9. oldchick70

oldchick70 Active Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Queensland, Australia
    In Australia the carrier will unlock it for a fee, perhaps ask yours?

10. FredParks

FredParks Active Member

Jun 11, 2012
    Hardlocked generally means that the phone has had all the unlock attempts on the handset used up with incorrect codes.

In order to reset these unlock attempts there are software programs that you can use. These can be found through Google. You can also get it done at a local phone unlocking shop.

Hope that helps.

11. vijn

vijn Member

May 13, 2017
    Male
    Montreal
    Clearly an old thread, but maybe someone will be interested in helping me out. I got a Sprint htc10. I was told it could not be used on any other network. But I did a htcdev bootloader unlock with no issues. Used sunshine to s-off and sim unlock. I believe it was successful, at least s-off was. But all the stock roms I've tried have the same issue. The cell radio can't be turned off. I haven't tried an active SIM card but the fact that the radio can't be turned off worries me. I'm wondering if anyone knows whether a hardlocked (if that's what it was) phone would even allow you to unlock the bootload, s-off and show a success message in sunshine for the SIM unlock? I'm worried that there's a real issue with the radio.

12. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    A Sprint HTC 10. It could be CDMA modes only. Can you confirm the exact model or version number?

13. vijn

vijn Member

May 13, 2017
    Male
    Montreal
    Hey Mike,

Thanks for looking into this. I started with CID: spsc_001 MID: 2ps640000

Then changed to SuperCID and MID 2ps620000

(bootloader) kernel: lk
    (bootloader) product: htc_pmeuhl
    (bootloader) version: 1.0
    (bootloader) max-download-size: 1579200000
    (bootloader) serialno: HT64xxxx
    (bootloader) current-slot:
    (bootloader) imei: xxx
    (bootloader) version-main: 2.41.401.3
    (bootloader) boot-mode: download
    (bootloader) version-baseband: 1.0.U010241a@61226
    (bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.0.0.0000
    (bootloader) mid: 2PS620000
    (bootloader) cid: 11111111

I don't have a SIM card presently. What bothers me is that the radio cannot be turned off, no matter what I do. I tried it briefly with an AT&T SIM that my dad has in his phone but it had no effect. No warnings, nothing. Just the bars with a dash through them as it always is, whether there's a SIM card in or not. So, i'm not sure what exactly the issue is. Based on what you're saying is it possible that the phone doesn't support GSM at all? They actually put a CDMA only chip in? That doesn't make sense, cause Spring does have LTE, so if it's only CDMA mode, then it's software. I checked the Sprint site and the htc10 they sell definitely works on LTE. It's possible this is a hardware issue and needs to be returned but I gotta try everything first.

#13 vijn, May 13, 2017
    Last edited: May 13, 2017
  14. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    Sounds like the baseband could be messed up. The only HTC I've had experience with myself was a China Telecom one, which was CDMA only.

15. vijn

vijn Member

May 13, 2017
    Male
    Montreal
    And how would i go about fixing the baseband? Would that explain why the radio can't be turned off?

16. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    It usually means reflashing the HTC firmware. How you do that with this phone, I have no idea, somebody else might know. Maybe info here on AF or on XDA Devs.

Is the phone actually showing a valid IMEI or MEID number? Because if it isn't, that can be a baseband problem.

17. vijn

vijn Member

May 13, 2017
    Male
    Montreal
    It's not showing an IMEI. Well, it says 0. MEID? You mean the MID? As for flashing firmware I'm using fastboot. Just not sure what firmware I should be using. I am on XDA but no one has responded there just yet. Never had to deal with a baseband issue so not sure how to go about that.

18. vijn

vijn Member

May 13, 2017
    Male
    Montreal
    I had the same issue with the official HTC RUU however. So, not sure what the deal is there. Ugh. This is frustrating.

19. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    MEID (Mobile Equipment ID) is basically same as IMEI but for CDMA modes. But if it's snowing 0, that usually means the baseband firmware is no good, especially given the other symptoms.

I've only had do deal with this once myself on an Oppo Find 7, when I flashed an incorrect custom ROM, and flashing the correct ROM fixed it.

20. vijn

vijn Member

May 13, 2017
    Male
    Montreal
    In the end, I think it's a hardware issue. THe phone simply won't recognize any SIM. I've flashed and reflashed ROMs and everything seems to be in order aside from the cell radio/SIM, so I think there's nothing I can do. Thanks for your help Mike. I appreciate it. Gonna send it back and get a new one.

21. vijn

vijn Member

May 13, 2017
    Male
    Montreal
    Well, I've confirmed the issue has to do with software. I reverted to the original Stock ROM and have an original Sprint SIM in the phone and the phone works as desired. Everythign works. The problem is, I can't use Sprint, as I won't be in the states very long and will be travelling for a couple years. My question to you, and if you're in China you may have no experience with this, but you never know. Is it possible the hardware config of this phone simply won't allow GSM connections or GSM sims to function? Because as is, the phone recognizes the SIM card, so it's not a hardware issue. When I try any of the unlocked ROMS, the radio goes crazy. As far as anyone knows, is it possible that this phone is hardlocked and truly can't be used on any network but Sprint's? I still can't believe that could be possible. Is there a tried and true way of checking? Anyone know?