• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hardware Build #3 Is A Totally Different Handset

Ok, I know this sounds roundabout, but I have a friend in Taiwan that I went to college with. His wife's father works for HTC. After a fruitless search ALL over Charlotte looking for one, I asked him jokingly if his wife could inquire as to when when more significant stock quantities would be heading across the Pacific. So he actually asked her. He's a very literal guy.

They will continue to trickle in over the next few weeks and then be more plentiful towards the end of July. Small tweaks in manufacturing have eliminated reported build quality issues. Versions 0002 and 0003 are identical. Both had issues with light leakage and the glass lifting. The use of a new adhesive will prevent glass separation and I couldn't understand what he was saying about what they did about the light-leakage. The biggest issue they chose to address first was the glass separation as it was the easiest to address.

This is what I was able to get. He's in India for the next 3 weeks so more information will not be forthcoming. We usually check in once a month. Hopefully I will have found an EVO by then.

Reactions: unplugged1
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones