• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hardware ID missing

Anamona

Lurker
Jun 1, 2012
I have a problem with my Samsung Galaxy S2, every time I plug it on my Windows 7 computer it says Hardware ID missing. I've tried to plug it to a different computer (also running Windows 7) and it works there. I'm trying to run Kies as well and it either doesn't connect or it says that the device is locked and I have to enter some password on the phone. It never done that before...
I've upgraded some hardware in my PC recently and reinstalled Windows 7. What should I do? :thinking:
I've reinstalled and installed Kies many times (always downloaded the newest version from the Samsung site), I've deleted the drivers for the phone, restarted the phone, unplug, replug... running out of ideas.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones