• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help hardware keyboard predictive text question

Yeah I noticed the same thing. I've never seen it come up when texting (with handcent), but I've seen it come up when using an app where i had to type in a password and user name. Never seen it before I installed hero keyboard on it either. thought it had something to do with that. It would be nice to have predictive text when using physical keyboard. I will say the t9 input method with the hero keyboard app is very nice. I almost find myself using it more than the physical keyboard.

Upvote 0
Yeah I should have made myself a little clearer. The predictive text will only reliably work when you have HTC soft keyboard installed and selected. When you slide out the hardware keyboard you have to physically touch the text field before starting to type with the physical keyboard. This also works with the touchpal keyboard but implementation is better with htc keyboard. I like the fact that it works this way because its there if you need it and not when you don't. And if u haven't yet, install the latest updates. No keyboard lag whatsoever now. Even with predictive text.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones