• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hardware requirements for android 2.2 ?

Best mid-range android phone ?

• Sony Xperia mini

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Acer liquid

• Samsung Galaxy

• HTC tattoo

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

prathyks

Lurker
Jun 9, 2010
I was looking to buy a mid-range android phone..

So i am actully looking for something like Wildfire or legend.. which posses a processors of 528Mhz and 600Mhz respectively with 384MB RAM for both..

Now i am concerned phones like these kind of hardware get a android 2.2 upgrade. ?

I want to make sure the one i buy gets 2.2 atleast..

So anybody please answer the question and You can also suggest a really good mid-range android phone which is sure of getting the 'froyo love'..

Final thing, are there any Minimum hardware requirements that a phone should have to get 'froyo' ??

Thanks in advance..

I have a Liquid (and love it) but reading through this post has me voting for the Legend.

Liquid probably has the best specs of any phone but I doubt it gets official (there is an unofficial alpha version out) 2.2 anytime soon (released in November with 1.6 and probably won't get official 2.1 til July).

I personally think that the Legend is the best looking of that bunch (imo), best specs of all excluding Liquid, has an AMOLED display if you like bright displays. And HTC already said that all phones released in 2010 will get 2.2 sometime "during the second half of the year."

Reactions: prathyks
Upvote 0
Also technically any Android phone can be updated to 2.2. There are developers working to get it to the G1.

Question is whether the manufacturers would go through the trouble of getting all the drivers/UI ported over. Motorola has confirmed that the Droid will be getting it soon. And HTC said any phone they released in 2010 will get it during the second half of the year (also the MyTouch3G will be getting it as well, T-Mobile confirmed)

Upvote 0
@HustlinDaily Its true what u said, and yes there is an unstable 2.2 for liquid already..

Do you know about why the processor in acer liquid is underclocked 1Ghz processor ? and some people even say its not advisable to overclock it.. My question is if it an 1Ghz processor, whats wrong with it runnning at its specified 1Ghz.. if not atleast at greater speeds than 728Mhz.. ?

Upvote 0
@HustlinDaily Its true what u said, and yes there is an unstable 2.2 for liquid already..

Do you know about why the processor in acer liquid is underclocked 1Ghz processor ? and some people even say its not advisable to overclock it.. My question is if it an 1Ghz processor, whats wrong with it runnning at its specified 1Ghz.. if not atleast at greater speeds than 728Mhz.. ?

Yeah 2.2 by developers is currently in alpha stage, it has a few bugs and WiFi/aGPS/camera does not work but there are several people using it.

I believe it is slightly undervolted (for battery life reasons) to 768MHz. Some Liquids run effectively at 998MHz, some don't (have not tested overclocking in mine). It is weird, can't explain why (maybe different production lines or something). Since Acer has not released the kernal for 2.1, it is only possible to overclock in 1.6 (and since 2.2 is based on 1.6 kernal, overclocking in 2.2 is possible. The devs for FroYo offers images for 768MHz, 880MHz, 924MHz and 998MHz).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones