• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Hardware] two connectors inside?

SO I thought I would get this topic moving again , havent seen any new post since MAY!
Iv been wondering the same thing as you guys about the R1 and R2 ports on the back on my samsung galaxy note.

does anyone know if an external antenna can be plugged into a cell phone to improve the wifi range? i looked at my phone and found a couple little ports. See in my picture here there are 2 small ports that say R1 and R2 , is one of these for a wifi adapter?
someone in this forum said there is a W for wifi, but I do not see one ! is it possible to use what I have on my phone to increase my wifi. I found this pigtail adapter and im wondering if it will work on my phone, basically one end goes into your phone and the other can hook up to external antenna.

Mini PCI U.FL to RP-SMA WiFi Antenna Pigtail Adapter
Mini PCI U.FL to RP-SMA WiFi Antenna Pigtail Adapter | eBay

Attachments

• phone.jpg
    phone.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 65
  • 2012-07-13 21-13-59.022.jpg
    2012-07-13 21-13-59.022.jpg
    687.7 KB · Views: 68
Upvote 0
SO I thought I would get this topic moving again , havent seen any new post since MAY!
Iv been wondering the same thing as you guys about the R1 and R2 ports on the back on my samsung galaxy note.

does anyone know if an external antenna can be plugged into a cell phone to improve the wifi range? i looked at my phone and found a couple little ports. See in my picture here there are 2 small ports that say R1 and R2 , is one of these for a wifi adapter?
someone in this forum said there is a W for wifi, but I do not see one ! is it possible to use what I have on my phone to increase my wifi. I found this pigtail adapter and im wondering if it will work on my phone, basically one end goes into your phone and the other can hook up to external antenna.

Mini PCI U.FL to RP-SMA WiFi Antenna Pigtail Adapter
Mini PCI U.FL to RP-SMA WiFi Antenna Pigtail Adapter | eBay
i wouldnt recomend using that unless yu get some kinda approval that it wont bust your phone. lolz.
and yes i am still curious about them. would be awesome to boost my signal n stuff.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones