• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Hardware] two connectors inside?

Alright. Since day one I've wanted to know what the two connecters are (for when you open. Your battery's casing).
There is one on the top right then bottom left. Labeled with a letter.
Top is G
Bottom is R1?
Anyone know what these are used for?
Haven't seen anything about these..
R1 to me looks like an antenna connector.

The R1 hooks directly to the 1987 model Sanyo TV and the G? dunno? Gameboy perhaps?

Upvote 0
my brother stuck a paper clip (our approaches to tinkering are distinctly different) in the R1 when he first got his thinking the same thing. external antenna. better signal. That phone immediately lost and never regained cell signal. i used that phone for a long time to flash new experiments. recently sent it in for warranty and they had to replace the board.

i know nothing about the G either.

Upvote 0
Those connectors are for external radio frequency antennas, commonly used in repair and testing. You can make you own but DO NOT use a paper clip!! lol
but G is for the GPS, R1 are for the cellular Radio. Some phones have G,R1,R2,W1, and just so you know W is for wifi. ;)

HA..... HA! We have an answer. Thanks for that bit of helpful info. I started reading at the top of the thread and was gonna try to find out but I see that you've already done that. Glad I read all the way to the bottom. lol:D

Reactions: machv5 and echo25
Upvote 0
HA..... HA! We have an answer. Thanks for that bit of helpful info. I started reading at the top of the thread and was gonna try to find out but I see that you've already done that. Glad I read all the way to the bottom. lol:D

I know right... I was like five seconds from breaking out the paper clip...
Boy_electrocuted.gif
:rolleyes:;) lmao

Reactions: DaisFlaque
Upvote 0
That's cool I have that TV. My dads a TV repair guy.
Ill hook it up and post the results:thumbup:

Do It! be sure to hold the phone in your right hand, because the knob has to be treated like a combination lock.. two the the left seven to the right, one click left again and push. also be aware to install flash and wireless tether.. ya know? so you can stream youtube...

Reactions: DaisFlaque
Upvote 0
Most channels are just copies ones standard and ones widescreen.

I do have one channel that is duplicated. But I pick up 16. Most of the old VHF network broadcast numbers from the old days have three like 3.1, 3.2, 3.3.

I get 2 good Georgia PBS stations. Wish I could pick up the 4 South Carolina PBS. Theirs are better in General. Lol. Not gonna spend the money for a Better Antenna.

And...The TV guide app displays them as well as the damn digital signal has its own guide.

The broadcast digital picture is better then I ever got with cable on all the channels.

I don't watch much TV so it is all I need. And...did I mention that it is FREE!

I do have to adjust the rabbit ears sometimes during bad weather. HaHa. Reminds me off the 60's. Maybe I should try tin foil.

Kouma is a cheap Bastard. I am a poor cheap Bastard. Lol. No worries.

Upvote 0
I do have one channel that is duplicated. But I pick up 16. Most of the old VHF network broadcast numbers from the old days have three like 3.1, 3.2, 3.3.

I get 2 good Georgia PBS stations. Wish I could pick up the 4 South Carolina PBS. Theirs are better in General. Lol. Not gonna spend the money for a Better Antenna.

And...The TV guide app displays them as well as the damn digital signal has its own guide.

The broadcast digital picture is better then I ever got with cable on all the channels.

I don't watch much TV so it is all I need. And...did I mention that it is FREE!

I do have to adjust the rabbit ears sometimes during bad weather. HaHa. Reminds me off the 60's. Maybe I should try tin foil.

Kouma is a cheap Bastard. I am a poor cheap Bastard. Lol. No worries.

A d I'm poor, cheap and stingy. Lolz

Upvote 0
I feel you we gave up amenities like cable and fast food. Not such a struggle plus we're a little healthier lol

When I was younger I had to have all that stuff when it first came out. Electronics, etc. Not anymore.

You start to realize you don't really need all that stuff. The trick is figuring out what you need.

I would like the NFL package during fantasy football season. Lol.

but I really don't miss cable at all and I have always had it up to about a year ago when I started cutting back.

Hell I hardly ever watched it.

Don't miss fast food either.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones