1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Harmon Kardon CL headphones versus competition

Discussion in 'Music & Media' started by thatguy96, Jul 25, 2013.

1. thatguy96

thatguy96 Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 9, 2012
    Male
    Ceres, CA
    So... I need to get my cousin some headphones for his birthday... He wants headphones that he can use to compose music and play back and listen to with clarity... I heard the Harmon kardon cl model is a nice set of headphones for 200 bucks... Although they aren't active noise cancelling they still block out a lot of ambient sound according to reviews... Id like to know if anyone has tried these out and how they stack up to other headphones from brands like Bose Sony and sennheiser...

Advertisement

2. SiempreTuna

SiempreTuna Android Expert
    None

Jan 11, 2013
    You're sure he wants noise cancelling earphones? I did some work with a music producer many years ago and in his mobile studio he had speakers (OK, slightly different) that did as little as possible to the sound - basically played back the sound as flat and pure as possible.

I would have though something that's actively introducing sound - even if it is to cancel out ambient noise - is kinda the opposite of that .. but what do I know ;)

thatguy96 likes this.
  3. thatguy96

None

Dec 9, 2012
    Male
    Ceres, CA
    These aren't actively noise cancelling... They just block some noise from outside just by putting them on... From what I read about this in reviews these headphones play back sound quite accurately and work well across a wide variety of genres... he already has some speakers that are pretty decent but he would rather not disturb his entire family lol... This whole composing thing is not really a job as it is a pastime...

4. thatguy96

None

Dec 9, 2012
    Male
    Ceres, CA
    Update: I got these headphones for my cousin and he loved then he said they were a vast improvement over what he had... They were supposed to be 200 dollars but my best buy had then for 100 :O...