1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Harmonia 1.8 and Leslie's wipe zip works great with new screen...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sushifor5, May 10, 2012.

1. sushifor5

sushifor5 Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 29, 2011
    Mom, healer, writer, student midwife
    Northern Idaho
    ...Just in case anyone on the forum could use this info, I thought I'd share my experience flashing Harmonia 1.8 on a newer screen OV. I'm sure I'm one of the only dinosaurs around not using Backside and still on froyo, LOL!! ;)

So, first of all, big thanks to benslgdroid and AndyOpie and other posters for their help (especially ben's hand-holding) getting me all updated and newly flashed without tears!!

When I first left stock ROM and flashed Harmonia 1.7, I had a major crises resulting (we learned as we tinkered) from my newer 2.2.2 Hitachi screen...I ended up with the dreaded black screen problem, which I thought meant a bricked phone. Thankfully, it wasn't and all ended well. The fix for me at that time was switching to a different (CWM-based) recovery and flashing a kernel that is compatible with Harmonia.

This go around, I wanted to flash the newest version of Harmonia 1.8 (it has google play rather than old market...nice). I was wary, but followed my trusty guides here and it went very smoothly. I downloaded 1.8 and I also downloaded Leslie's easy wipe zip, Prep for New ROM (links at bottom). I still had the pica kernel on my sd card. We weren't sure if I would need the kernel for Harmonia 1.8, but figured it wouldn't hurt to flash it just in case.

I did my recovery backup, then ran the wipe zip, which did all the work of wiping the phone for me. Then I ran the Harmonia zip, then I went back and ran the kernel. I rebooted and voila! No problem, up and running.

I use Link2sd, so I followed ben's tutorial for restoring with TiBu and linking with Link2sd and everything worked really nicely.

So, that's my story...perhaps it will help another newbie here...I will forever be a newbie, so all newbies have a special place in my heart. :D

Harmonia ROM:
    [ROM] Harmonia 1.6.1c (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 21Sept11 - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

Easy Wipe zip:
    Easy wipe zips - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

Kernel to fix black screen problems:
    [FIX]Black screen with custom recovery and custom roms - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

Advertisement

benslgdroid and gherkaul like this.
  2. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus
    None

May 13, 2011
    Laborer (all the dirty nasty work nobody else want
    Florida
    Very Nice sushifor5, glad to see everything went ok.
    All the links you posted are also in the All Things Root Guide. Maybe you ought to peek in there and see what new stuff I and brotherswing have added. You never know what you might see.

gherkaul likes this.
  3. Leslie Ann

Leslie Ann Android Expert
    None

Feb 13, 2011
    I.T. Consultant
    Actually, quite a few people are still using Harmonia 1, and even more are using 2. Harmonia 1 is still the fallback rom when people need to re-activate or troubleshoot.

Just because I don't post the roms here and aren't as trendy doesn't mean they aren't popular, but I'm glad you like it. Despite not being the latest and greatest or the most perks, it is a good, solid rom.

Harmonia doesn't get a lot of attention because of the fact that it doesn't have all the neat stuff or get updated as often. I equate it to a Honda or Toyota... Harmonia was built to be a Toyota Camry of roms. People may not get excited about a Camry, but you always know it will start and get you to work and back on time and safely.

4. sushifor5

sushifor5 Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 29, 2011
    Mom, healer, writer, student midwife
    Northern Idaho
    I love Harmonia...i didn't mean to sound as if I were disparaging it at all; I'm sorry if it came across that way! I think harmonia is solid and classic and stable, just what I needed. I was only poking fun at myself because I'm not where so many others here are in terms of techie prowess.

LeslieAnn's work is excellent! Thanks again for all the great programs!

5. Leslie Ann

Leslie Ann Android Expert
    None

Feb 13, 2011
    I.T. Consultant
    You're welcome, and I know you weren't.

You are using it for exactly what it was intended. :)

6. RoujinKarma

RoujinKarma Member
    None

Mar 26, 2012
    I also like you Harmonia ROMs as well, I use that and bobzhomes. Minimalistic and functional tends to work best, imo.

Leslie Ann likes this.
Tags: