• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root harmonia vs. mindnight rom vs mobster rom vs other roms

Which of these ROMS do you like to use best with your Evo V?

• TerribleLie [url]http://tinyurl.com/9w5944a[/url]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ZR3DX [url]http://tinyurl.com/c9umt6t[/url]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
yes sir i have not had one reboot on the latest version :D i used to average 1 a day

One thing to be aware of with Midnight is that if you register and post once on the anthrax forums, you can download different kernels. One of the folks there has an archive of various kernel builds. The kernels can be installed from 4ext without changing out the rest of the ROM, and if something goes wrong, 4ext makes a backup of your boot partition before running the kernel install.

I'm finding that 3.2.3r with the 3d update is working well so far, but I'm ready to roll back to 3.1.9 if need be - for me, that's been a very stable kernel, with wimax, tethering, etc. support. I had a lot of weird issues getting the phone to wake from sleep with 3.20, 21 and 22.

The big thing I like about the Anthrax kernels is that they support undervolting -- I started on Harmonia but didn't get good battery life; I tried some of the more aggressively skinned roms and find Midnight to be a great mix of degunked stock and battery life, because I'm running the voltage pretty low (-87.5 mv.)

Upvote 0
Midnight 1.35 World good for me along with midnight lite. Ive had issues with harmonia, Mt battery goes poof very fast, or at least its not accurate, showed me at 1% shut off then came on and ran at 0% for 4 hours. With midnight I can go to sleep with 100% and wake up with 95%, harmonia tales me to 50%. Though I tend to run nova instead of sense on midnight.

Upvote 0
Currenly using Midnight, and it really is stable being overclocked @ 1.5Ghz. No problems with calls, MMS,MSM Or Data.

Used Mobsterz unSENSEable, it is fast, and what I truly miss about it is the speedy/buttery smooth UI, the Jellybean Contacts and GoogleNow. O>O
It was lacking a basic features like "Update Profile" on settings, which I used a lot when I can't make or receive any phone calls.
While being happy with it, It came the day when my phone wouldnt make or receive any phone calls, I tried so many things like; rebooting, powering it off, removing battery, restoring it and nothing seemed to fix it; I only needed "that" so missed feature "Update Profile" to fix the issue, but it didnt have it, so I flashed Midnight and everything worked from that moment on.
I have had the need to "Update Profile" to get a MSM to working only twice in 3 days. It looks close to stock, but it's faster and more realiable. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones