• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Has anybody found the Leaked Netflix App

Oh no I agree with ya brother. I just think it would be awesome if we could get Netflix going.

Thats one of the only 2 things that dissapoint me by this phone. That and Flash.
No big deal I can be content till that day comes.

Thanks for the input.

I can deal without flash. Lets hope that NetFlix is just telling a big lie about the DRM libraries on specific processors, or that one of our awesome devs can create a software workaround for those DRM requirements if it is actually true!

Upvote 0
Even if it did somehow work, I just couldn't get into watching a movie on a screen the size of my Ally and battery drain would probably be real bad to.
awwww come on ya big stick in the mud. LOL

Actually this may sound lame to a bunch of ya...
Who knows maybe it is. LOL

My wife and I watch Netflix all the time on her laptop while in bed before we go to sleep. That at the moment is the only way we can watch netflix.

But on occasion I wanna watch somthing differnt.
I know Shocking.... A husband and wife not agreeing on what to watch....
Its shameful really. LOL

Nah anyway it would just be cool. One of those stupid things you dont need but you want it anyway. You know kinda like that Tattoo you have that says MOM or Idunno a Leeping Leperachan or somthing.

Yeah its one of those things.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
UPDATE: It looks like Netflix has caught on to all of us trying it... It doesn't seem you can login anymore (well at least for me) I keep getting the dreaded The Login Time Out error..... I wonder when the punishment will be over I want to try this bad boy

UPDATE again..... It appears netflix is down.... HEHE don't you all just love technology

Upvote 0
This is not going to work for any phone without DRM built in.

Netflix cant even stream to Linux for what ever reason, mostly because Moonlight(Oracles version of the microsoft silverlight). I highly doubt that someone will port drm over phones if they can't port from a Linux driven machine such as the Wii or PS3. Just my 2 cents.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I just tried to edit the build.prop file to make the Ally think it's a G2 and a Nexus S and neither worked. The Ally doesn't get Netflix until some clever xda folks figure out how to make it work on every Android.
If I could get the build.prop's of the other three phones I can try with them too.

Well, doesnt it require flash anyway?

Upvote 0
I just tried to edit the build.prop file to make the Ally think it's a G2 and a Nexus S and neither worked. The Ally doesn't get Netflix until some clever xda folks figure out how to make it work on every Android.
If I could get the build.prop's of the other three phones I can try with them too.

This article says to make the device "HTC Vision" of "Nexus S". So you may try the vision. I would like to know if it works!

How to Install Netflix on Almost Any Android Device

Upvote 0
So my boss has a DroidX, wanted netflix, installed, opens, says incompatible phone. He is not rooted and doesnt want to so no netflix for him.

The reason I bring this up?
On the allies I have tried the farthest I can get is a black screen... IDK how far you guys are getting, but I cant even get it to go to the spot where it verifies your phones model. On top of this as I mentioned earlier, Netflix would need flash or silverlight, neither will run on the ally. Dont get me wrong I would love to have netflix on the ally, I just think we are getting carried away. If you take a step back and think it doesnt look good for our device + netflix

Reactions: k.c.cole
Upvote 0
So my boss has a DroidX, wanted netflix, installed, opens, says incompatible phone. He is not rooted and doesnt want to so no netflix for him.

The reason I bring this up?
On the allies I have tried the farthest I can get is a black screen... IDK how far you guys are getting, but I cant even get it to go to the spot where it verifies your phones model. On top of this as I mentioned earlier, Netflix would need flash or silverlight, neither will run on the ally. Dont get me wrong I would love to have netflix on the ally, I just think we are getting carried away. If you take a step back and think it doesnt look good for our device + netflix

Nope im nearly sure just like flash the .so's are compiled against armv7 processor. I can check tonight.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones