• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Has anybody rooted using this tool?

I did not re-wipe but the phone never booted back into whatever was left after wiping/factory reset and formatting system/data/cache.

Was that wrong?

Can't say for certain, but that could well have been the issue. At least you had a backup and were able to restore!

I'd give it another go and wipe everything before flashing...

Upvote 0
I know what your problem is Galathon...the ROM was fine and booted as you say and the problems occured when restoring your apps with Titanium. The issue is that when you restore all apps with system data, which I am guessing you are, you restore system apps which can cause conflicts by being differing versions possibly and probably older versions not designed to work with the ROM. Not only that but restoring these system apps means your installing sense items on a non-sense ROM which is never going to mix well.

What you need to do when restoring your apps this time is open Titanium Backup>Backup & Restore Tab(Top of Screen)>Restore Titanium Backup Pro Key Only>Close & Re-open Titanium Backup>MENU>Batch>Restore all apps and system data>Untick all the Red (System) apps and Green (Settings) options leaving only the Grey (User apps).....VOILA all your apps should be restored and no more force closures.

Upvote 0
I will definitely try again, maybe this afternoon if I have time, all the required zip files are on the SD.

Something I haven't figured out is how to integrate the lordmod kernel. It's listed as a required file, and I've put it on the SD card, but then it's not mentioned in the procedure anymore.

Thanks again for all the help!

As soon as you flash the ROM. Before rebooting choose install from sd card and select the kernel zip and flash it. Kernels are usually flashed as part of the ROM so flashing an alternative straight after should have no adverse effect and I have never suffered any previously doing such.

Upvote 0
As soon as you flash the ROM. Before rebooting choose install from sd card and select the kernel zip and flash it. Kernels are usually flashed as part of the ROM so flashing an alternative straight after should have no adverse effect and I have never suffered any previously doing such.

I can also confirm that flashing it straight after flashing a ROM is fine, it's what I always do. Plus you would have taken a backup just before of your previous ROM so even if something was to happen it can quite easily be reverted :)

Upvote 0
OK, this time it worked, I even did the LordMod kernel tweak which worked perfectly. I haven't reinstalled all the apps with Titanium though, Didn't have that much on there to begin with, nothing I actually used except PowerAmp and the usual social networking suspects like Twitter and Facebook.

A big thanks to DURK Stublake and CDPlant for all the help as well as Presidente! Happy new year!

-Gallie

Upvote 0
Yesssss, got CM7 on and working, just restoring my Apps then its off to fire on Lordmod's kernel, and its happy days.
Once again, big shout out to El Presidente and Xyro for all there help:)

I have the kernel flashed, my one minor question is that if I decide to try another ROM after a nandroid backup, is the new kernel included in that backup?

And if I went for a CM7 nightly build I'd have to put the LordMod kernel in again if I wanted?

(I'm thinking of playing with the LordMod ICS ROM).

Upvote 0
Yeah, a new ROM contains its own kernel, so if you flash another AOSP ROM (CM7 or MIUI). you'll need to reflash the LorDmod kernel.

A nandroid backup is an exact snapshot of your phone at the time the backup was taken (down to SMS's) so if you restore, it will contain the same kernel you had at the time of backup.

Reactions: omdaddi
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones