• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Has anyone dropped theirs yet?

There's a million ways for it to hit the ground, so you're not going to get any sort of definitive answer as to what will happen. Sometimes it'll get damaged and sometimes it won't. I'm getting a case as soon as one grabs my fancy, but probably not a screen protector.

I understand that no two drops are the same. I am just wondering if anyone has dropped it and what happened on that particular drop. I will probably get a case as well but I really like the phone naked.

Upvote 0
What ME? Drop my Phone?

Ha...ha...ha... Actually I'm laughing because I was just thinking the same thing.

I really like to avoid using a case but it's so dangerous not to. That's why they're called accidents. Not one person I know including myself ever deliberately drops their phone.

Here's my solution for total protection when dropped. Its inexpensive and 100% foolproof.

I buy a small thinly padded Case Logic brand GPS Case @ Target.

It has a zipper to keep it closed. And without external or internal pockets it's barely ads to the size of the phone. Easy to remove quickly, I've got one for each phone. If I drop the phone when getting out of the car, or when my hands are full it's totally encased & protected.

It also allows me to avoid using a screen protector as well. For $10, you can't beat it.

Upvote 0
im just waiting for the day that i drop it lol.
honestly, the first drop is the worst but it gets the anxiety out of it lol.
i remembered i dropped my iphone 4 the first time on concrete floor and it was perfect. i was completely surprised and vowed to never press my luck again haha. i probably dropped it 4 times over a span of 8 months.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones