• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Has anyone dumped their N5 for previous device?

I was going to go back to the moto x and it just didn't pan out that way. Ended up returning my white nexus 5 for a stealthy black one and so far so good as far as major issues go. The nexus isn't a perfect device, the camera and video shooter are suspect, the audio isn't getting any awards and has even drive some people to return it just for that reason, and the battery life is pretty terrible as a whole IMO.

However I'll be keeping mine, I love stock android and the moto x is the only other phone that offers this type of stock feel. But I can't see myself going back to a phone with a 720p screen, inferior build quality, and just as whole last years specs as we roll into 2014. I'll keep my nexus 5 for a while and see how things go.

Reactions: akmsr
Upvote 0
I get about the same battery time if I'm using it a lot, but the other day my phone lasted two days before I had to charge it again under light usage. Personally I think the battery is great.

Yeah I consider 4 hours screen on pretty heavy usage. Right now I'm at 12+ hours with almost 3 screen on and I'm sitting at 45%.

Battery seems on par or slightly better then my HTC one.

Upvote 0
I get about the same battery time if I'm using it a lot, but the other day my phone lasted two days before I had to charge it again under light usage. Personally I think the battery is great.

Yeah I consider 4 hours screen on pretty heavy usage. Right now I'm at 12+ hours with almost 3 screen on and I'm sitting at 45%.

Battery seems on par or slightly better then my HTC one.

Edit: just completed second full charge cycle - 15 hours 20 minutes life - 5 hours screen on time. I can't ask for more if the battery stays this good it will be perfect since I rarely have more then 2-3 hours screen in a normal 13 hour work day.

Also charges pretty quick for me too

Upvote 0
I'm so picky it's ridiculous, yet I find my Nexus 5 so ideal for me, I'm thrilled with it.

Perfect? No. . . Excellent? Absolutely!

I've owned a mind boggling amount of smartphones, nothing comes close to the functionality, speed, phone call quality, and excellent build quality of this fantastic N5. This is a phone that gets better and more fun every day I use it. So many useful intuitive features, I can't imagine using another phone.

Installing a Black Spigen Slim Armor Case is the icing on the cake.

Even my non technical wife found it so impressive she asked for one to replace her iPhone 5S. I was shocked!

Now after just one week of enjoying her Nexus 5, three of her best friends have also made the switch. These Nexus 5 models are incredibly nice. Being unlocked, very reasonably priced, and easy to keep up to date with the latest version of Android for free, it's an irresistible deal.

Reactions: Rxpert83
Upvote 0
Do you think I should go back?

Specs of old phone
- 3.5 in 360p screen
- Snapdragon s4 dual core
- 5 gb internal storage (thank goodness for micro sd expansion)
- 5 megapixel camera
- lg ui android 4.0.4 (unofficial 4.1
By unofficial cyanogenmod)
- Great dev community
- Locked Bootloader (deal breaker)
- $50 unlocked (no this is not a typo)

I think I would rather stick with my Nexus 5

Upvote 0
Admittedly I'm a tech addict that's especially involved with mobile computing and communication in my line of engineering work. As such I always maintain several phone lines to test, evaluate and enjoy the various smart phones currently available.

That said, I designate just one as my primary device, amongst the others in use concurrently.

From the very first day my Nexus 5 arrived it's been a highly effective, no drawbacks, primary smartphone for me. Going forward I can honestly say I am so completely satisfied that I may set a personal record for how long I use my Nexus 5 as my primary phone. Why? It's simple really... the N5 does everything I want and nothing I don't. I've never been able to say that before. :)

Reactions: Rxpert83
Upvote 0
I don't get how people actually have more then 3.5-4 hours of screen time in a day. you guys must literally just leave it on just to leave it on and say you did. my heavy use days where I feel like I am constantly on it I am right around 3 hours usually.

but on topic of this thread, I would never go back to my GNex, that phone would be at 10% battery in less then 4 hours, with 40 min screen time.

Upvote 0
I know many like to rave how Apple design a product well but don't tell me other OEM's are not doing an outstanding job or better. Now back to original topic. I left the HTC ONE which many consider one of the best design and phone out there. I like the Nexus 5, it fits my needs. Yes some things can be improve but what phone doesn't have some short comings?. So no have not dump my N5 for any device and I never will.

Upvote 0
I went back to my s4. Not because I disliked the nexus 5 just because Verizon is the only carrier to give good coverage in my area. That being said I like my s4 as much as the nexus 5. The software is a huge advantage but that's where it really ends. Camera and battery on s4 are better. Call quality and speaker also better on s4. My opinion obviously.

Reactions: Twiz and Rxpert83
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones