1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Has anyone else been charged already?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Xyro, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42
    Moderator Thread Starter

I remember that the checkout page said we would not be charged until it was ready to ship. Well, I now have a

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. burtonvdp

burtonvdp Android Enthusiast

I was charged the second I checked up but technically its "pending" on my paypal account which usually just means there is a hold on the money but hasn't been sent yet.

3. Atma

Atma Extreme Android User

My bank account has gone down and the charge is pending. Probably because I used a debit card.

4. lilxerolil

lilxerolil Newbie

I'm in the same boat as all of you. Placed my order tonight, immediately saw a $280 charge on my account. Oh if only that meant it was ready to ship...

5. stupendo

stupendo Newbie

6. Atma

Maybe on your credit card. Not on my debit card.

7. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42
    Moderator Thread Starter

It looks like it still hasn't cleared, so whilst it still appears to have tied up the money, I don't think it has actually been charged yet.

Besides, you can track your order in google wallet, which seems to keep a breakdown of when each stage of the order is reached. It says my order was recieved, but that's all.

8. burtonvdp

Mine says completed so I sent of an email asking about status and they said I will get an email when it ships... I wish they would have a "pre ordered" status instead. It would make things a lot more clear.

Xyro likes this.
  9. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Extreme Android User

I just checked. My debit card hasn't been billed.

10. GingerRob

GingerRob Well-Known Member

I had the fraud department of my credit card company on the phone within 2 minutes of placing an order checking if it was an authorised spend.

11. 18t

18t Well-Known Member

pending charge

12. Atma

Here is an email someone else received after questioning Google about their Nexus 7 order.

Hi, Jared

Thank you for contacting Google I'd love to assist you today regarding your order. I hope this answers all your questions if you have any further questions please feel free to respond to this email.

Your card will be charged the full amount in a pending charge just to make sure there are funds in the account for the order. the money will not be taken out until the order is shipped. although it will stay pending in your account until it is shipped to make sure funds stay available.

Preorders will begin shipping in mid-July, though at this time I

GalaxyNexus, breadnatty08 and Xyro like this.
  13. DanielM426

DanielM426 Android Enthusiast

14. burtonvdp

Hmmm I wonder if I got credit for transformers already?

Er never mind... don't have a credit yet either.

15. Atma

No one gets anything until they activate their Nexus 7.

The following additional terms apply to your receipt of a Google Play promotional balance for activating select new Nexus 7 tablets:

1. Upon activating select new Nexus 7 tablet(s) and completing the tablet set-up process by registering your Google Wallet account, you will receive a one-time promotional balance associated with your Google Wallet account for up to $25 worth of movies, music, books or apps on Google Play.

GalaxyNexus likes this.
  16. t-readyroc

t-readyroc Android Enthusiast

The amt's been fully deducted from my checking acct (check card).

17. DanielM426

DanielM426 Android Enthusiast

Have you gotten an email from google yet regarding shipment?

18. t-readyroc

t-readyroc Android Enthusiast

I have not.

19. A.Nonymous

Still haven't been charged.

20. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique

Sitting at Pending for me.

21. Nalej

Nalej Well-Known Member

Mine's still pending as well :(

22. Atma

Still pending for me also which is unusual. If it doesn't go through today then it probably won't until its shipped.

23. A.Nonymous

Mine's not even pending. Did I screw something up? I've got an invoice in my email box saying I pre-ordered.

24. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique

Could depend on how your bank processes purchases. I know mine does things differently depending on where it's purchased (how the store processes charges as well).