1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Has anyone else experienced this weird problem on the phone?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by androidfan3000, Jul 24, 2013.

1. androidfan3000

None

Dec 29, 2012
    I bought a 2 week old blaze from ebay. At least it is 2 weeks old according to the seller :rolleyes: it was already updated to ICS 4.0.4 before I got it. The only problem I am experiencing is the fact that sometimes the part of the phone number dialer that pops up when you start punching in numbers to suggest possible matching phone numbers stops appearing. I have to restart the phone to get that functionality back. once i get it back though it takes about a few days before it disappears again. What is causing this to happen? Is it an issue with the OS?

I thought that maybe the OS is acting up so I decided to update the phone to the latest cyanogenmod ROM in order to get jelly bean 4.1.2 installed on the phone. I ran into some problems while I was trying to install the recovery and I had no other option but to abort the update to Jelly Bean and restore the phone to its original gingerbread OS. I don't care that I have gingerbread right now but i hope that problem is gone with this restoration of the gingerbread stock rom. I will have to wait and see. But I don't think I will have this problem with gingerbread. So, I might update the phone to ICS anyways from tmoible's site. Do you think that this would cause me to have this problem again since the person who sold the phone to me must have used the same procedure outlined in tmobile's ICS update announcement page for this phone?

thanks.

Advertisement