1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support Has anyone else had the HTC screen pop up and widgets reload?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by odnerd, Feb 15, 2011.

1. odnerd

odnerd Member

Yesterday morning I woke up and took my Inspire off the charger and when I unlocked it went to the white HTC screen for a split second and then went to my home where all the HTC widgets appeared to be reloading. This morning was getting my wifes Inspire setup and was in the web browser. When I hit the home button it showed the HTC screen for a second and then the widgets all had to reload. Both times almost like it had rebooted only much faster and it's done it on two phones now. Anyone else had this happen?

Advertisement

2. pinbak

pinbak Well-Known Member

I had mine do that once, but it also said my sd card was suddenly removed when it did that but I didn't remove it, I have restarted my phone 3 times and the last time that I did this, it said my sd card was suddenly removed, I checked and it is firmly in place. Did you get a message like that when yours did the htc white screen?

3. odnerd

odnerd Member

No, just the HTC screen and widgets reloading. Good to know it's not just my phones...

4. justjerry

justjerry Well-Known Member

Same thing is happening to my phone. Called HTC support and they said it shouldn't be doing that and instructed me to do a factory reset (ugh) and slowly put apps back....now here I am on my 2nd reset and it's still doing it.

5. karnblack

karnblack Newbie

It happens to me occasionally especially after I exit Vlingo. It doesn't bother me too much.

6. jibrillle

jibrillle Lurker

I have had this happen with my HTC Inspire 4G, and it seems to happen when one or more of my apps overexceeds recommended & safe CPU usage. Processor overload from an app crashing or going haywire. It's probably the phone's built in mechanism to prevent complete crashing and resetting the phone's functions and services that need to run continuously, like system functions.

Clears temporary data and restarts apps like browser, but never seems to delete any sensitive information.

7. th3goob

th3goob Well-Known Member

it happened on my brothers eris, if he had too many things on his main screens it would take forever to load and would just say htc with the loading thing. try removing things from homescreen

8. sushi4611

sushi4611 Lurker

I've had this happen before, and as said above it seems to be when an app crashes. It can get annoying, but it saves me from having to do a complete reboot. I don't have that many widgets on the home screen, but it does seem to happen if something didn't close correctly.

9. RigelX

RigelX Well-Known Member

It happened to me once. I had taken the battery out to apply my Zagg screen protector. I didn't close the battery door securely (it has contacts on it that turn off the phone if the door is open) and when I squeezed it just right, the contact broke and the phone rebooted.

10. mattbe213

mattbe213 Android Enthusiast

It has happened to me on multiple occasions. If you've ever gone into "Manage Applications" and force closed HTC Sense, this happens. So, what has probably happened is that Sense either forced closed or crashed and had to reboot.

Matt

11. wrenhal

wrenhal Newbie

I've also seen it happen at times when I've updated or installed an app that places widgets on the screen or controls something on the home screen. Almost like restarting the Explorer on Windows causes the desktop icons to refresh. I think it has also happened when i got my push update for the "unknown sources".