1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Has Anyone Else Tried Angry Birds Space?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by LBPHeretic, Mar 22, 2012.

1. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Android Expert

Yes, indeed, I have played Angry Birds Space. I tried it on my rooted Sprint HTC Hero and it actually runs, albeit, in a fairly choppy way. Of course, I tried it on a stock ROM with no overclocking. I may flash over to CyanogenMod 7.2 Release Candidate 1 and give it a try again. It took well over a minute to load initially too. Frankly, I am just amazed that it runs at all. :)

I wonder if updating the OpenGL ES drivers and tweaking the build.prop file would net any additional frames per second. It is worth a shot. Angry Birds Space is not even compatible with my wife's third generation Apple iPod Touch. That is pretty sad. :D

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Lobo89

Lobo89 Member

I have not. I played the original quite a bit, but much of the terrain showed up as white space on my phone and it grew frustrating at the higher levels. I might try this one out just to see if it will run.

3. LBPHeretic

If you do try it, be sure to overclock your CPU as high as you safely can. Additionally, you should turn your handset on Airplane Mode so that those pesky ads are not loading and wasting precious CPU cycles.

I still need to see if updating the OpenGL ES drivers and editing the build.prop nets the game any more frames per second. I will try that at some point this weekend.

4. Lobo89

Lobo89 Member

I tried downloading it this weekend, but I didn't have enough space. I thought about clearing out some apps, but I'll probably just wait until I get a new phone.

5. LBPHeretic

Did you move all of the apps that you could over to your microSD card? That should free up quite a bit of space for you. ;)

Yes, Angry Birds Space does use up a lot of internal storage space. My internal storage went from 60 MB free down to around 30 MB free after installing it. :(

6. Lobo89

Lobo89 Member

Yeah, that plus I have the Firerats mod installed. I'm at 48 MB free, which means I'll need to clear around 10 MB to keep from going over the 90% cap. There are several apps I could delete, but they are all the ones that take up little space, so I'd have to remove 10-15 of them to get there.

Did you ever get it to run smoothly on your Hero?

HTC Hero Forum

The HTC Hero release date was July 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7200A processor, and 1350mAh battery.

July 2009
Release Date
Reviews