• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Has anyone found a Generic USB cable and/or Charger for the TF101

That's nice.
:rolleyes:
But your reply has nothing to do with the OP and their need for a replacement charger and cable. I'm looking for a spare charger and cable too, but so far haven't found a reliable solution other than ASUS original parts.

My mistake, I skimmed, and figured he was looking for something longer given the extreme shortness of the OEM cable.

Upvote 0
I am also looking for a similar solution. My TF USB cable (not the adapter) suddenly stopped working and I am left with no alternative to charge my transformer. I have to wait one week before I get paid and order one online. I was wondering if there was a generic USB cable that I could buy locally. Is any other tablet's charger compatible with transformer's charging port?

Upvote 0
I've purchased from "witglobal technology' via ebay (they are in Hong Kong). Item 320809722144 for $36.99. They include the short cord that attaches to the pad, a wall charger, and car charger that plugs into the 'male' USB connector of the short cord. It takes about two weeks for delivery. Seems OK to me.
PP1
This has worked very well and outputs 12v for 'fast' charging. I continue to recomend it.

Upvote 0
MicroCenter has the ASUS Transformer Power Adapter.....

***.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0367050

Our Price:$29.99
SKU 896662
Mfr Part #: 90XB2WOKPW0000Y
UPC: 610839385997

The TF101 Transformer AC Adapter from Asus is a replacement adapter for the Asus Eee Pad TF101 Transformer Tablet PC. With a fixed power output of 5 volts, the TF101 Transformer AC Adapter is made to match the power standards of the Asus Eee Pad TF101 Transformer Tablet PC. The power cable can be detached from the power plug and be used as a USB connector.

Upvote 0
My supplied cable was still fine, however the box itself was messed up. I went to Best Buy and purchased the Dynex Universal AC/DC Charger. It's nice because now I just carry that and my USB for my phone and tablet.

I think the Transformer takes around 13 volts, this one only goes to 11, but it works fine and chargers it just as fast. Plus the cord is wicked long which is nice.

Upvote 0
Guys Check this out..
$14.99 for a 3rd party Charger with 40pin end.. (Not a USB charger + ASus USB Cable). Just ordered one, I will let you guys know how it is...

Package Include:
1 x NEW Wall Charger Power Adapter For Asus EeePad Transformer TF101 TF201 Tablet

• [*]100% Brand New.
    [*]100% new and high quality.
    [*]USB data charger cable for Asus EeePad TF101 TF201
    [*]You can keep the data and charge the machine anytime anywhere.
    [*]interface:usb 3.0, 40pin data port.
    [*]USB Cable length: 1M (3.25feet)
    [*]This the OEM Wall charger for Asus Transformer TF101 TF201 tablet pc for house using.
    [*]Intelligent IC chip inside recognizes a fully charged battery and automatically switches to a saver mode to prevent overcharging and short circuit.
    [*]Input: 100~240V -0.65A 50/60Hz Max
    [*]Output: 12V 1.5A
    [*]Cable length: 1M (3.25feet)
    [*]Compatible with: Asus Transformer TF101 tablet pc
    [*]USB female connector. when use this car charger for ASUS TF101,it needs to connect with 40pin USB Charger Cable.
    [*]US plug version, it needs a plug convertor to use in EU/UK/AU countries.We can offer a free plug convertor,Please leave a message to us when you check out,unless we only send US plug charger.
    [*]Pass the CE. ROHS test
    [*]Weight:95g

Upvote 0
Here is another type for $24.99

2M Custom Design Wall Charger/Power Adapter For Asus EeePad Transformer TF101 TF201
1)Wall Charger/ Power Adpater For Asus EeePad Transformer TF101 TF201
2)100% Brand New.
3)This the custom design wall charger for Asus EeePad Transformer TF101 TF201 for house using.
4)Input: 100~240V 0.3A 50/60Hz
5)Output: 15V 1.2A
6)Cable length: 2M (6.5feet)
7)Compatible with: Asus EeePad Transformer TF101 TF201
8)USA standard plug version (free offer one of EU/AU/UK Standard plugs converter as free gift depend on your country standard)

Package include:1xWall Charger

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones