1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Has anyone found a good 2 way voice recorder?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tri_umph, Sep 25, 2011.

1. tri_umph

tri_umph Member
    None

Aug 15, 2011
    I'm looking to record all my phone calls from both sides of the call. I was wondering if anyone has found a good app that works well. I have googled and searched the market, but most reviews suck. Also, does the triumph support 2 way call record.

Thanks...

Advertisement

2. tri_umph

tri_umph Member
    None

Aug 15, 2011

I just love replying to my own post!

There's a good one on the market called "all call record". It does record both parties automatically, once set up, with out any clicks, ticks, or anything else that one might hear on a recorded call. The really cool feature is after a phone call has been recorded, you get an e-mail with the attached audio file to save to your computer! Now the downside... the other party's voice is very low when on the phone and in the recording. However, if you don't mind asking your caller to speak up a bit, this is a good program.

3. tickerguy

tickerguy Android Enthusiast
    None

For this to work properly it requires kernel support. Otherwise you're getting the "sidetone" from the speaker back into the microphone - very low.

Note that in many jurisdictions it's illegal to use one of these things, which is a potential gotcha. I do not know the particular modifications that need to be made to the kernel to enable this to work properly, only that it DOES require them.

Etegral likes this.
  4. tri_umph

tri_umph Member
    None

Aug 15, 2011

I am using the stock kernel, however I am rooted, so maybe this is why it works so well. As I mentioned, the caller at the other end is very low. For some that would be a big drawback, for others not so much. Thanks for posting about the possible misuse in some states, I forgot about that in my post. ;)

For me, this is in reply to those companies that tell me "they are recording this call". This way I could sat "so am I". Then both parties understand... and that I know for sure is legal in every state. :D

5. tickerguy

tickerguy Android Enthusiast
    None

If you have two-party consent (and if say they're recording then you have it) then it's fine.

Nonetheless to get "good quality" on both sides you need the audio path routed in the kernel. I'd make this change in my kernels for CM7 but I don't know what they are.

tri_umph likes this.