• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Has anyone had a "special fantasy" with the Nexus One yet?

Yeah,

I envisioned being able to see, hold and use this phone - and tonight I got to do just that.

Have you ever seen "A Christmas Story" when Ralphie can't wait to see Santa...he finally gets through the whole line only to freeze up when in front of the 'head honcho'.

That was me, tonight...with the Nexus One.:thinking:

I scrolled through some screens (very, very fast and very, very crisp screen)
I took some pictures (they looked OK on the phone, but now look subpar when looking at them on Facebook - probably operator error:eek:)
Trackball worked well, but I still don't like it - felt out of place.

Yes, it looked much nicer and sleeker in person - it also felt near-perfect in the hand (material, weight, size, etc)

I asked a few questions of the owners (friend of my wife and her husband, who works with the Android development team at Google - it appears Google supplied a few of these to some spouses as well) with pretty much no replies - they were EXTREMELY tight lipped.

I threw around a few rumors and questions and couldn't get anything new, however, I did let them know that we would be wanting to get new phones soon, didn't like the keyboard on the Droid, wanted an HTC w/Android and that we were currently with Verizon and he pretty much told us to stay with Verizon...so I guess that must be a good sign for us Verizon users.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones