1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Has anyone had experience of EE (Orange) repair centre - SBE?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by swoot, Jul 11, 2013.

1. swoot

swoot Newbie

My S2 has gone off to SBE, EE(Orange) repair centre. I've been told to expect it to take 14 days minimum. Has anyone had experience of the service with these guys? I'm expecting the worst, hoping for the best :fight:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

I put my One X back earlier in the year. Using their online tracker, after 10 days the repair centre claimed they hadn't received it, the shop claimed they sent it a week previously.

I went back and forth with both, and magically, later that day it appeared to have been delivered.

Once there, it took another 8 or so days to ship and get back to me. Not a pleasurable experience, but they did cancel line rental that month by way of apologising for "losing" it. :)

I sorta wish I'd kept Orange Care; my first handset was reported broken at 3PM and I had a replacement at 1PM the next day!

swoot likes this.
  3. swoot

swoot Newbie

Not good so far. Took it into EE shop on 10 July, repair centre received it on 17 July. No further updates. Waiting for them to claim damage has caused component failure, even though it hasn't. Watch this space.

4. swoot

swoot Newbie

Collected the repaired handset this weekend from local EE shop. So far, so good - fault repaired free of charge. I'll relax once it's been happy for a week or so.

5. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

Call customer services, they might give you some money off line rental for having it for a while (that's what I did).

6. Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh Member

I found the repair centre itself to be very good and quickly dealt with my phone. They received it, fixed it and despatched it within a couple of days. The problem I had was with the shop which took almost a week to get the phone to the centre and then seemed to lose track of it once sent back to them. Overall it took around a fortnight but most of that it seems was because it was still at the shop.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews