• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Has anyone had problems with the GPS?

You should put a note. "Give me a new device"

EDIT: "Give me a new device. AS$H0LES. Please and thank you."

ZTE is gonna get a similar nasty-gram from yours truly, for this no-good, steaming, mountainous pile of Zmax crap they sold me...

Anyway, I tried taking a quick look for Stylo 2 forum with the AF app, and I don't see it? Is there even a forum made for this phone?

If someone would be so kind to either link me, or just tell me if phone is any better than the last? All colorful words of dismay are perfectly welcome, @Bard, lol.... I've been scorned by LG too, but not nearly as bad as ZTE with the ZPro.

Thanks, ~spec

Upvote 0
The second helping of this phone has a design flaw . The Carrier had this corrected with the new phone in this series but changed the firmware making new blocking of firmware . The stylo 2 is an example of this .
While it is a sound choice design and construction wise , there are some software changes that require new methods for development.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ZTE is gonna get a similar nasty-gram from yours truly, for this no-good, steaming, mountainous pile of Zmax crap they sold me...

Anyway, I tried taking a quick look for Stylo 2 forum with the AF app, and I don't see it? Is there even a forum made for this phone?

If someone would be so kind to either link me, or just tell me if phone is any better than the last? All colorful words of dismay are perfectly welcome, @Bard, lol.... I've been scorned by LG too, but not nearly as bad as ZTE with the ZPro.

Thanks, ~spec
I have the stylo 2. I never had experienced with stylo 1. I like my stylo 2.

Upvote 0

Oh wait.. I was interested in ZMAX Pro ($99, not that I was going to change my phone any time soon but... You are saying ZTE product & service are as bad??

Upvote 0
Metro is having them all locked up tight now.
If you thought all the stores were useless before wait till you see how corporate is making it all about maximizing profit share.
The stores will be competing with each other so hard that there will be less of them and so less overhead . This Is part of their plans all along.
At some point they will have different levels or types of service offerings to maximize corporate profit . Selling Phones is not what carriers make the most profit on.
The Devices are just a necessary problem for them to do business.

sorry about being off subject.

Last edited:
Reactions: Krlypumaa
Upvote 0
Oh wait.. I was interested in ZMAX Pro ($99, not that I was going to change my phone any time soon but... You are saying ZTE product & service are as bad??

I don't know overall how bad the Zmax Pro really is. There are a few of us over in that forum experiencing some of the same issues. Some only have a couple, I think I struck out and got a complete heap. Some are saying it's fine for them.

The phone without issues, is absolutely worth the 100. It's a beautiful design, great feel. Better than the Stylo. It's biggest issue for me is repeatedly dropping all connectivity, so I'm missing a lot of calls and messages until I do the ol' airplane mode toggle. Having to do this 8+times a day is ridiculous. And not to mention a very quirky UI and $hitty Marshmallow on board. It could have been a phenomenal device, has a ton of input sensors that others skimp out on...

They say a patch or update is coming, but I'm not holding my breath for that one. If OTA patch comes, and at the very least fixes connection issues, I'd be happy with it. It's like a Stylo all over again for me, that was another one of mine with connection issues.

-i also apologize for being off teh subject... Meh... Stylo GPS is a lost cause anyway

Reactions: viperdink
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones