• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Has anyone had success with a Recovery system?

Well I was just wonderin if anyone had put Aloha or Clockwork on this new beast so you can flash stuff and possibly put on Roms and Back up your phone?

I am afraid not as of yet. It is still early in the game. The phone only released last Thursday. We have root already. I am sure it will not be long before developers realize how good this phone is and how much better we can make it with minimal development.

Upvote 0
I really hope devs realize that this is the phone to develop for, not the TB. The TB is bricking for no good reason (we think it might be Gingerbread, but why?), and was locked-down from the start. But alas, it's HTC, and XDA, which is where all the work gets done, really has a thing for HTC. The Revo is the only phone that is totally unlocked, can be rooted with the most reliable method around (rageagainstthecage), and it's honestly the best of the current LTE trio. The only reason I'm even looking at the TB for a split-second is the massive dev community. Bring that to the Revo and I'm in!

Reactions: Ufkal and njKeever
Upvote 0
All we really need is one dev to put the time in to figure out this recovery. (I know easier said than done). If the Revo was the first LTE phone to come out instead of the TB we would probably have a recovery by now, but they are just busy modding on the other 4G phones to give this a more thorough look. I am going to be patient and wait it out with this phone though

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones