• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Has anyone had their car stolen.

sorry dude.. :(
hope it all works out...

at the gas station....did you leave your keys in the car???
this and starting your car in the morning and going in the house to wait for the car to warm up...
are huge opportunities for thieves

i once left my car at a restaurant... to go hang out with friends for the night..
i thought i left it at work... normally when i go hang with friends that is where i leave it. i was soo panicked.. for 30 mins.. Trying to think what i need to do....

till it finally hit me..... :p

Reactions: Member243850
Upvote 0
I had my tires slashed once years ago. So did everyone on my block. Have you ever had four flat tires on two different vehicles to deal with? Not fun. Vandals once slashed my rag top on my jeep, broke the mirrors, and stole the tail gate. That was a pain as well. My wife is a school teacher. I figure the kids decorated her brand new car with some creative art work with a couple of cans of spray paint. But, I've never had one stolen. I'm sure it's a real bummer... sorry.

Upvote 0
I had my tires slashed once years ago. So did everyone on my block. Have you ever had four flat tires on two different vehicles to deal with? Not fun. Vandals once slashed my rag top on my jeep, broke the mirrors, and stole the tail gate. That was a pain as well. My wife is a school teacher. I figure the kids decorated her brand new car with some creative art work with a couple of cans of spray paint. But, I've never had one stolen. I'm sure it's a real bummer... sorry.

wow.. that sucks!!!
hope you moved from there...

The car was locked and is a newer vehicle. It just has me confused, whoever it was, wasn't wasting time.

No luck yet but hopefully soon.

wow.. that sucks...
locked new car.. and done quickly.. that aint easy.

must have some kind of device to catch codes...

Upvote 0
I know how you feel..

Had a 2000 gmc sierra and made the mistake of never putting an alarm.

A simple flat head and the group of guys took my truck, they dumped it miles away with 10,000$ worth of car audio, dash cluster, 20's stock tahoe chrome rims off a 2010, 8 agm batteries, 100+ feet of welding wire that was used for the audio system.

But hey! They were nice enough to leave stock 15 rims so they could dump it and also missed my 800$ 375 amp alternator.

Now my tahoe i just got which is a older vehicle has an alarm with smartphone gps/pager lol

Upvote 0
I know how you feel..

Had a 2000 gmc sierra and made the mistake of never putting an alarm.

A simple flat head and the group of guys took my truck, they dumped it miles away with 10,000$ worth of car audio, dash cluster, 20's stock tahoe chrome rims off a 2010, 8 agm batteries, 100+ feet of welding wire that was used for the audio system.

But hey! They were nice enough to leave stock 15 rims so they could dump it and also missed my 800$ 375 amp alternator.

Now my tahoe i just got which is a older vehicle has an alarm with smartphone gps/pager lol

My guy had a 90's model Sierra. Those older trucks are like gold for the theft community here in San Antonio. I'm pretty sure his truck either ended up as parts or is in Mexico right now.

Upvote 0
sorry dude.. :(
hope it all works out...

at the gas station....did you leave your keys in the car???
this and starting your car in the morning and going in the house to wait for the car to warm up...
are huge opportunities for thieves

i once left my car at a restaurant... to go hang out with friends for the night..
i thought i left it at work... normally when i go hang with friends that is where i leave it. i was soo panicked.. for 30 mins.. Trying to think what i need to do....

till it finally hit me..... :p

Wow.... Are you guys seriously telling me you LEAVE YOUR KEYS in your car at the garage while you walk into the refreshments store or go into the house to wait for your car to warm up!?

Wooooow..... This is just unheard of

Wow that is the sound of a very nice country which sounds super safe...

I am struggling to comprehend how people can leave their keys in the car everything unlocked while they walk to the convenience store just wow.

It is mind boggling!

But always be careful ... We lock out our doors here as soon as we get in the car no matter where we are there are so many beggers and hijackers it's scary.

Also whenever you come to a stop street always look around as you might get hijacked preferably try to buy anti shatter proof glass windows to prevent a smash and grab.

Sorry to hear about your car man.

If you want to know how many cars of mine have been stolen I have had 3 of my cars stolen and a few break ins into my old city golf. And lots of vandalism like scratches on my paint

I have had on me 3 attempted high jackings - I was driving through Durban near Berea and an old Fiat Uno very quickly drove in front of me and slammed on its break and like four guys got started to get out of the car I quickly slammed on reverse spun her around and drove to the nearest police station they fired 2 shots but missed me luckily I survived.

But wow leaving your keys in your car while you go to the petrol / gas station is just mind boggling!

Just incredible!

Wow the states sounds amazing!

Upvote 0
I have had on me 3 attempted high jackings - I was driving through Durban near Berea and an old Fiat Uno very quickly drove in front of me and slammed on its break and like four guys got started to get out of the car I quickly slammed on reverse spun her around and drove to the nearest police station they fired 2 shots but missed me luckily I survived.

I can see why you want to leave SA. I would too :(

Upvote 0
We do get carjackings in the cities, but out here in the 'burbs and boonies people still leaves there houses unlocked, as well as their cars. Of course I'd say a good deal of them have some form of firearm on the premises so i'm not sure burglars are going to risk getting shot for a TV worth $100. ;)

Upvote 0
Wow.... Are you guys seriously telling me you LEAVE YOUR KEYS in your car at the garage while you walk into the refreshments store or go into the house to wait for your car to warm up!?

Wooooow..... This is just unheard of

Wow that is the sound of a very nice country which sounds super safe...

I am struggling to comprehend how people can leave their keys in the car everything unlocked while they walk to the convenience store just wow.

It is mind boggling!

But always be careful ... We lock out our doors here as soon as we get in the car no matter where we are there are so many beggers and hijackers it's scary.

Also whenever you come to a stop street always look around as you might get hijacked preferably try to buy anti shatter proof glass windows to prevent a smash and grab.

Sorry to hear about your car man.

If you want to know how many cars of mine have been stolen I have had 3 of my cars stolen and a few break ins into my old city golf. And lots of vandalism like scratches on my paint

But wow leaving your keys in your car while you go to the petrol / gas station is just mind boggling!

Just incredible!

Wow the states sounds amazing!

Dude!!!!! crazy shiiit.....
glad u are aware of your surrounding ...

dont care what you say or offer...
i aint visiting u

Upvote 0
Dude!!!!! crazy shiiit.....
glad u are aware of your surrounding ...

dont care what you say or offer...
i aint visiting u

Thats SA for you :(

You guys would never believe what goes on around here it's scary

https://www.iol.co.za/dailynews/pics-robbers-threaten-to-oven-roast-child-in-kzn-12658714

You more than likely won't believe me but I was just 16 years old I remember now back in school... I walked past the one classroom (it was empty at that time) and I saw Blake and Michael screaming out of the windows I laughed at them and told them to stop playing games and come back to class...

They took a brief 1 second glance at me ignored me and continued screaming at somebody out of the window.... I walked up to the windows with a scary chill up my spine...

It was like one of those psycho movies ... there was blood all over the floor and over quite a few cars - the cars were covered in blood too...

A crazy black man was running around with a machete or what we call a "Panga" and the parents were all screaming... he was attacking people and he had a chunk of flesh cut out of his leg...

It was so sick...

These Africans... they are something else.... this place you will never be able to understand how crazy these 3rd worlders are I hate them so much... they are like animals...

Not even animals do this

I hate this country

Upvote 0
You more than likely won't believe me but...

These Africans... they are something else...

Oh we believe you, @Stinky Stinky . We've had horrible acts committed by crazy, disturbed or just evil people. The Columbine, Sandy Hook and Amish Schoolhouse shootings come to mind. The last one was just a few miles down the road from me in Lancaster County. A one room schoolhouse, peaceful to the extreme, up until the time the guy shows up. I don't even want to type what he did, but he left 5 children dead and five more wounded before he shot himself. Why can they just cut to the chase and kill themselves first?

You say Africans, because you live in Africa and that's what you got there. But, trust me, whack jobs know no geographical, racial or religious boundaries. :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones