1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Has anyone purchase and Atrix off contract yet?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Mostly Harmless, Feb 22, 2011.

1. Mostly Harmless

Mostly Harmless Android Expert

Has anyone purchased an Atrix off contract yet? How much was it and were did you get it? I keep getting the run around from At&t.

Advertisement

2. Czarcat

Czarcat Well-Known Member

Yes, $301.50 from AT&T Premier.

3. Juijin

Juijin Newbie

wow! how? did u have to extend your contract?

4. Mostly Harmless

Mostly Harmless Android Expert

How did you do that? I have been trying all morning with them and they keep telling me I can't order it unless it's on contract.

5. newwales

newwales Newbie

Is that a Sim-free price?? $301.50

6. Czarcat

No, it's not sim free. The price is just based on my FAN# and reflects the discount given to my company through AT&T Premier.

The only caveat is that AT&T always extends the contract when you activate the phone. I simply call them up and explain that I have screen prints showing it was a "No Commitment" purchase. They can then reset the dates.

I did have to go to the AT&T store once. But, they fixed it up in a jiffy. As long as you can show that the screen said "No Commitment", they will honor it.

7. kuj

kuj Newbie

Czarcat: what number did you call to have your contract date reset? Did you have to provide the screenshots or did they take your word? Mine got extended an extra 6 months (from 8/2011 to 2/2012). I am debating whether I should have them fix it or not.

8. ranova

ranova Android Enthusiast

nice, thanks for the info czarcat.

Can you give us a direct number? I tried calling CSR, they xferred me to another, and that person xferred me to another. At that point, I gave up because I had to get to work...

9. Czarcat

I just call the Premier support line. Sorry, I don't know what it is but it's on the paperwork that comes with the new order.

Anyway, after I explained to them, they transferred me to Business Solutions (I think she called it). I didn't have to actually provide the screen prints - I'm sure they know what their website says. ;)

When I went to the AT&T store back in August, I did take the screen prints. He looked it over and said, "Yep, it clearly says No Commitment".