• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Has Anyone Switched from Verizon Droid to Sprint EVO4

+1 on the lack of need for any task killers with Froyo.

Make that a +4. No task killers required for Android 2.2.

I had Verizon for 8 years and got so tired of over-paying for thei services so I switched to Sprint. I have the same good coverage as Verizon but i now get a lot more for my money AND I PAY A LOT LESS!!! Switch and try the EVO for 30 days and decide if you like saving money or paying more to have Verizon and their nickel & diming plans. EZ choice if you ask me.

Upvote 0
Make that a +4. No task killers required for Android 2.2.

I had Verizon for 8 years and got so tired of over-paying for thei services so I switched to Sprint. I have the same good coverage as Verizon but i now get a lot more for my money AND I PAY A LOT LESS!!! Switch and try the EVO for 30 days and decide if you like saving money or paying more to have Verizon and their nickel & diming plans. EZ choice if you ask me.

I just switched back after being with VZW for a couple of months. I couldn't justify paying Big Red $105 when I was paying Sprint $80. The mobile to mobile perk on Sprint is the best, I needed the 900 min plan to get buy on VZW and only 450 plan with Sprint. Coverage and data is very similar to VZW and Sprint will do anything for you as well.

Upvote 0
I live in Hayward,CA and I also had the Droid.
I saved about almost $100 dollars a month when I made the switch to sprint.
My friend and I split the bill and we were paying $200 a month on Verizon(1500 Minutes, 2 Unlimited data, Unlimited text & Insurance)
Now on sprint we pay $125 after taxes and that gets us 1500 minutes and unlimited everything plan.
Also by far Sprint has been better in reception and call quality as well IMO.
Also in the S.F and San Jose area I have been able to get 6-12MBPS download speeds which is pretty nice as well.
I'd say make the switch you always have 30 days to try it

Upvote 0
I was on Verizon when it was Qualcomm, well over a decade. I switched to Sprint for the Pre, didn't like it and went to the Hero and now Evo. I am saving almost $100 a month on my bill (even with the 4g $10 fee) and figure I could buy a new phone every 6 months and still come out ahead. Nonetheless, I have had my Evo since day one and still love it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones