• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Has anyone synced a Palm Desktop into an Android device?

mslisaj

Android Enthusiast
Feb 11, 2010
Klamath Falls, Oregon
I have my life on my old Palm device and it would be nice to get that info into my HTC Hero. Without doing it piecemeal is there thought of doing this or has someone done it with software? I can't be the only one with this issue and I wanted to raise the question as I haven't seen it addressed yet....

Thanks for the thoughts on this issue...........

Lisa

I have my life on my old Palm device and it would be nice to get that info into my HTC Hero. Without doing it piecemeal is there thought of doing this or has someone done it with software? I can't be the only one with this issue and I wanted to raise the question as I haven't seen it addressed yet....

Thanks for the thoughts on this issue...........

Lisa
See if you can get a conduit from Palm to outlook (palmone.com) for your device. If so you're home free. I used this to get the info from my Treo 650 to my phone.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the advice. I couldn't find straight forward info on how to sync the palm desktop with outlook. The things that were suggested weren't on my system or didn't work. I imagine of I could get Palm to Outlook then I could get outlook to gmail. But I can't get to first base so I'm stuck.........

But the idea is a good one..........

Lisa

Upvote 0
If you have hot sync on your PC just change the conduit to outlook. See picture.
If this isn't like your start menu item then update the Palm sync software.

snap6.jpg

Upvote 0
You may have hit on something here. I have Palm Desktop Version 4.0.1
When I got into Explorer and look for that "PIM" manager I don't have it. So I'm going to see if I can update my Desktop Version. My ultimate goal is to get my Palm data on to my Android OS HTC Hero.

Is there a way to bypass outlook and go from Palm Desktop to the Android device?

For now I'm going to work on updating my Desktop........

I so appreciate your help.........

Lisa

Upvote 0
Well I went the Companion Link method with their software. Their calendar is only single day so far but the rest of the sync went really smooth. $39 was well worth it to me to have a system that does it so easily. So thank you all for your idea's and for me this is the way I went.

Lisa ;)

P.S. Also the sync through the gmail folders worked too. So I got all my contacts and calendar, notes and everything at once.......

Android software for ever............

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones